is The Mummy (1999) a near perfect action-Adventure film

Watch Encino Man it is a masterpiece. Put some respek on his name.
Of course I've seen Encino Man. No movie starring Pauly Shore can be called a masterpiece.

It's pretty good. Brendan Fraser isn't required to do much, which is fortunate, since he's a hack.

Of course I've seen Encino Man. No movie starring Pauly Shore can be called a masterpiece.

It's pretty good. Brendan Fraser isn't required to do much, which is fortunate, since he's a hack.
Dude, Mummy is near perfect. Regardless of your feelings on Brendan Fraser, that movie is the peak of his career. So yes, one movie starring Brendan Fraser was near perfect. I don't see why it is hard to believe, it's not like he directed and wrote it. So if you have to, give the credit to Stephen Sommers.

Uh In the Army Now and Jury Duty were great or a little masterpiece called Biodome.

The movie was enjoyable, but my favorite scene was when the Mummy was able to communicate in Hebrew. Crazy to think that the language has lasted thousands of years.

It's a good movie.

And as far as Indiana Jones knockoff type films go, it's certainly one of the better ones.

It also cannot be overstated how popular it was at the time. I remember being in middle school and everybody was talking about it.

Last edited:
The second one would’ve been the best one if they didn’t add that annoying ass kid.

It's a good movie.

And as far as Indiana Jones knockoff type films go, it's certainly one of the better ones.

It also cannot be understated how popular it was at the time. I remember being in middle school and everybody was talking about it.

I saw it in theaters in middle school (maybe 5th grade, I was 11) and was fucking HYPED. Those crazy ass beetles blew my mind.

I saw it in theaters in middle school (maybe 5th grade, I was 11) and was fucking HYPED. Those crazy ass beetles blew my mind.
The first time I seen it was when my uncle rented it. That night I laid on the couch terrified that those beetles were in the dark and were gonna come out and get me lol. I was so stressed that night xD

The mummy is indeed a perfect movie. The librarian character is also the perfect woman, imo. Mind body soul.

Love this movie. I’d say easily top ten. No over the top, macho acting by Faser. Great pacing, good action, good ending, and overall great picture.
The second followed up very nicely too. The third I haven’t seen all the way through. Wasn’t that good. Kind of came out a little late.

I'd say Indiana Jones trilogy (4th don't count) is the perfect action adventure.

in the HK cinema, Jackie Chan "sort of" copied India Jones in the the late 80s and early 90s with Armour of God I & II which I really enjoyed as well.

I like The Mummy Returns more, very entertaining.

Back