is The Mummy (1999) a near perfect action-Adventure film

Spoken

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
no work today, I’m too sore from bjj on Wednesday, and my wife is traveling for aboard meeting. So I hop on HBO and see the Mummy. I’m 30 minutes in or so, and I’m reminded how damn enjoyable this whole film is. Camp, fun characters, good action, and great (awful) cgi.
It’s so good.

Also

Rachel-Weisz-55.jpg

Last edited:
I would say one of the better ones.

I think of it more as Adventure than Action.

And in that genre,

National Treasure
>>>

The Mummy is one of my fav movies. I’ve seen it a million times and will probably see it a million more. It’s always an enjoyable watch.

Plus dat Evie!!!

You want a good late 90’s flick to watch with sci go and great cgi check out The Fifth Element.

I think of it more as Adventure than Action.

And in that genre,

National Treasure
>>>
This is a surprisingly room-temperature take. The sequel could have been the start of a fun franchise, but alas...

Mummy is one of those honest saturday morning matinee throwbacks they don't seem to know how to make anymore.

The Mummy is great, I really love it. Brendan Fraiser's 90s run was actually fairly solid.

Plus MMA figther Luiz Cane does a great job in it and doesn't get the credit he deserves.

upload_2018-9-14_10-27-30.png

Very fun movie. My friend and I quote the movie tons.

It drops after the first.

I seem to have pissed off a lot of Egyptians in this thread

<6>

Yea the mummy is a fun movie. I enjoyed the second and third ones as well and over all that that franchise was fun

No movie starring Brendan Fraser is near perfect.

All things considered, it was a pretty good movie.

Back