Is the LHW title worth more in DCs hands?

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think at this point it's probably clear that DC isn't coming back down to 205. If he came to fight anyone, at this point it would be Gustafsson (although I don't think he deserves a shot), and DC clearly said he won't be fighting Gus again.

Assuming this is the case, I'm sure DC will let the UFC know of his decision. Therefore I would ask: Is the LHW title worth more vacated or in DCs hands (undefended)??

I would argue having DC as the "champ champ" would add to the build-up of DC vs Lesnar, and could possibly make the UFC more money as a marketing tool. Certainly vacating the LHW title would allow the UFC another event headline fight, but they will likely be able to do an interim LHW title fight even if DC doesn't vacate the title.

I just want to be clear that I don't think DC will be the one to decide to vacate or not. I think the UFC might decide the title is worth more in his hands, to hype DC vs Lesnar. Thoughts?

I don't think it's worth anything. DC is the only decent fighter at 205 lbs and like you said, most likely will never go back there. Rumble is like 400 lbs now and retired. Jones is in limbo, and even if he comes back he will just get into trouble again like always. Gus barely fights anymore. No one else in the division even matters.

The only one worth DC anything at LHW is Jon Jones and he's suspended.

It’s crazy to me how LHW used to be the preeminent weight class with the most interest.

Those days are long behind us and, with dc at hw, wide open.

It’s funny to me that Gus could be the champ but he withdrew due to a minor injury and now a wide open division that could have been his for the taking remains wide open with few options for what could be a dominant champ.

But at least the lhw champ will be fighting the wwe champ for the hw belt??

Jones-Mirror-Test.gif

vacated and hopefully gus wins it and defends it 5 or so times. dont see any1 really challenging him aside from romero and MAYBE volkan or reyes if he keeps improving. never thought rockhold would have much of a chance vs gus.

so theirs some good fights with gus as champion that you could make. if he goes on a nice long win streak he can solidify himself as the 3rd best LHW ever, maybe 2nd

I think at this point it's probably clear that DC isn't coming back down to 205. If he came to fight anyone, at this point it would be Gustafsson (although I don't think he deserves a shot), and DC clearly said he won't be fighting Gus again.

Assuming this is the case, I'm sure DC will let the UFC know of his decision. Therefore I would ask: Is the LHW title worth more vacated or in DCs hands (undefended)??

I would argue having DC as the "champ champ" would add to the build-up of DC vs Lesnar, and could possibly make the UFC more money as a marketing tool. Certainly vacating the LHW title would allow the UFC another event headline fight, but they will likely be able to do an interim LHW title fight even if DC doesn't vacate the title.

I just want to be clear that I don't think DC will be the one to decide to vacate or not. I think the UFC might decide the title is worth more in his hands, to hype DC vs Lesnar. Thoughts?
You may be on to something there. While I see the propriety of stripping him of the LHW belt, financially it would be short-term beneficial to the org as a whole to let it ride with DC until after the Lesnar fight ... though consider he loses to Lesnar; what will that do to the value of the LHW belt?

DC should fight Latif, he's got 2 exciting wins since gus has even had a fight. Gus bragging about that glover win a guy who's been ranked too high for years Corey showed how bad he was and Latifi would have murdered the guy.

He's probably going to retire double Champion.

Last LHW fight was January and he's probably going to get scheduled in the next few months.

No reason to strip him of either belt and no clear contenders in either weight class.

the lhq belt is worth what ever the price of gold on that day and that all.

dc has a broken hand so that means soon the ufc will have to make a new fight for the lhw belt and than dc fights brock if be stays clean for his retirement fight.

DC going to hold two divisions hostage at the price of a fighter who doesn't sell PPVs. After seeing the Brock Lesnar shit after his last fight, my hope for continuing to watch UFC is going downhill fast. Then DC calling out Shogun of all people? A guy good enough to hold two belts wants to call out a guy who got lit up in dramatic fashion inside of the first by a decent striker?

The UFC needs to intervene and tell him to pick a belt, but I think UFC waiting to see if Brock has even the slightest chance of passing the multitude of USADA tests.

DC should greet Romero to LHW. All the top contenders are bums or pullout merchants.

Nope. The division is terrible... Bellator is looking better. Hate to say it... but in Jones they trust.

vacated and hopefully gus wins it and defends it 5 or so times. dont see any1 really challenging him aside from romero and MAYBE volkan or reyes if he keeps improving. never thought rockhold would have much of a chance vs gus.

so theirs some good fights with gus as champion that you could make. if he goes on a nice long win streak he can solidify himself as the 3rd best LHW ever, maybe 2nd
Gus is injured half of the year.

He's probably going to retire double Champion.

Last LHW fight was January and he's probably going to get scheduled in the next few months.

No reason to strip him of either belt and no clear contenders in either weight class.
I say if he is not going to defend at low then strip him

Brock Lesnar's opponent is not important when it comes to PPV sales and it doesn't matter if they hold every MMA title under the sun.

the LHW is worth nothing because it's a fake belt to begin with
Jon Jones is the real LHW champ

He will fight Jon Jones again if the cheater agrees to have stricter tests

Back