Is the Erik Silva Hype Train officially derailed?

LOL, one of the wheels from that train fell off after it hit Max Holloway.

Getting Sonnen'd by Nik Lentz in a hilariously truthful and harsh verbal thrashing didn't help either.

Them wheels are falling off rather fast. This injury might be the nail in the coffin for that train.

Because he got caught?

He is a damn good fighter and improving every fight.

He was beating the Dong all night until the finish.

that train derailed badly. I am glad I never jumped onto it.

He shows flashes of unorthodox brilliance, but is loose to the point of being sloppy, and spent a good part of the first round running away (not circling out or resetting) from DHK. He will be kept around to fill out those 13 Brazilian cards that Dana promised in 2014, but likely just to have highlight reel finishes against one-and-done dudes.

He can make his way back in 2-3 years with a string of decent wins. Matt Brown was on a terrible slide before he became a human wrecking machine.

He shows flashes of unorthodox brilliance, but is loose to the point of being sloppy, and spent a good part of the first round running away (not circling out or resetting) from DHK.

Yeahhh. You can tell in "another life" he could be a p4p great... but he just looks unfocused and sloppy.

this hype train derailed faster than Lindsay Lohans career.

Because he got caught?

he lost the first. Silva was never winning.

Because he got caught?

Getting mounted is a dominant position eh?

As well as getting rocked and sailing to the ground by DHK's force?

You should be a judge...You would do a bit better than the ones we have currently sadly.

You're on some heavy shit is you gave Silva the first. Hai dere Cecil

Because he got caught?

Exactly. The way he dominated the first from under a full mount was impressive.

The hype train must over now, by losing of a grappler by KO.

can't believe he got ko'd by fuckin dong hyun kim

His suspect chin was proven guilty.
:icon_lol:

iic3O30POCBT5.gif

pqtB6.gif

He still has potential he just needs to refine his striking and understand spinning shit has a time and place. Kim couldn't get him down until that slip off and he had Kim rocked several times.

DHK was dizzy... And Silva still got caught...

I found it weird there was still hype on Silva considering he's already 31 and still not top 10 in the division. I actually thought he was 27 or something. I was shocked when I found out he was 31. He's a solid fighter but definitely not a force to be reckoned with at 170.

EDIT: He's actually 29. I could have sworn the Tale of the Tape had him at 31.
Dong is 31, Silva is 29. You probably just conflated Dong's age with Silva's. :wink:

Back