Is the Erik Silva Hype Train officially derailed?

I found it weird there was still hype on Silva considering he's already 31 and still not top 10 in the division. I actually thought he was 27 or something. I was shocked when I found out he was 31. He's a solid fighter but definitely not a force to be reckoned with at 170.

EDIT: He's actually 29. I could have sworn the Tale of the Tape had him at 31.

Real talk, the UFC needs to stop putting the same Brazilians in every single Brazilian card. Good riddance for one of them tonight.

I thought he had both rounds in the bag despite the few seconds DHK spent in the mount in round 1. Would have to watch it again, i guess. Still, a large portion of MMA fans thought that DHK would just easily be able to control Erick on the ground and cruise to a 30-27. There was definitely none of that happening tonight.

A few seconds in mount? You need to rewatch the fight man. And if we wanna get technical, when it did hit the ground Silva really didn't have anything for DHK's top game. He was getting passed left and right. The only grappling highlight Silva had was almost getting standing back mount on the cage once, but Kim did the same thing, and I see that as more Greco/wrestling. The wrestling department he did very well though, especially in the second round. He thoroughly lost the first round though, on everybody's scorecards. Just look at the sherdog PBP.

A lot of people will hop off the bandwagon. My legs are hanging over the side as its riding down your street.

He was absolutely teeing off on Kim and probably should have stopped him, but didn't due to his wild striking, which is also the reason he got caught. He also got mounted the one time he got taken down. But his TDD was really good overall. So it was some positives and some negatives, including a big one which ended up a loss.

It appeared he learned some from the Fitch fight to stay on his feet mostly in this one. Now he needs to learn to opt for accuracy over power, so he can hit more efficiently and not be hit so huge himself. If he keeps learning from his mistakes, he has a chance to come back and be a contender. If not, then I guess he and we will have to settle for exciting upper mid level guy.

I don't even know why he was the favorite in this fight. A guy who's apparently not even good enough to be in the UFC schooled him.

I found it weird there was still hype on Silva considering he's already 31 and still not top 10 in the division. I actually thought he was 27 or something. I was shocked when I found out he was 31. He's a solid fighter but definitely not a force to be reckoned with at 170.

they had kim at 31

A lot of people will hop off the bandwagon. My legs are hanging over the side as its riding down your street.

He was absolutely teeing off on Kim and probably should have stopped him, but didn't due to his wild striking, which is also the reason he got caught. He also got mounted the one time he got taken down. But his TDD was really good overall. So it was some positives and some negatives, including a big one which ended up a loss.

It appeared he learned some from the Fitch fight to stay on his feet mostly in this one. Now he needs to learn to opt for accuracy over power, so he can hit more efficiently and not be hit so huge himself. If he keeps learning from his mistakes, he has a chance to come back and be a contender. If not, then I guess he and we will have to settle for exciting upper mid level guy.
Riding this wagon till the wheels fall off, my man. :cool:

And i admit, i might have a slightly distorted view of round 1, but its EARLY as hell here and im barely awake.

Same for me. He's too old to be considered a "prospect" as I define the term. Plus, who has he ever defeated who was/is elite?

Fitch already stopped it Kim just knocked it the fuck out

"First Round" Erick Silva should be a thing now, his athleticism is insane in that phase. He made DHK look like he wasn't even a professional fighter in the early going. Silva vs. Paul Daley would be nice if Dana could find forgiveness in his heart.

Still in. Fuck the fickle fans jumping ship from fighter to fighter at the drop of a hat. Erick will be back kicking ass, better than ever.
This guy makes sense. He will be back.

"First Round" Erick Silva should be a thing now, his athleticism is insane in that phase. He made DHK look like he wasn't even a professional fighter in the early going. Silva vs. Paul Daley would be nice if Dana could find forgiveness in his heart.

By getting mounted?

I still thought he did great tonight and he's very young. He shouldn't get discouraged by this loss and neither should his fans. Kim is a very good opponent. Silva will still have a fine career I think.

I'm not jumping off the wagon. I still believe he's a future champion.....it just might be a while from now.

By getting mounted?

Mostly speaking of the stand up, DHK looked like the 40 year old version of Tank Abbott for a while there. When it attempted those spinning back fists it was comical looking.

Hypetrains only exist to be derailed. No idea why you guys constantly over-state people's skills just to allow haters reason to get equally charged up about "how bad they really are" and then inevitably there's endless arguments about "the real" figherX and blah blah blah.

yes totally derailed

but yes he will be back and he's still exciting to watch

Hell always be popular due to his flash and finishing ability.

He has too many issues to compete at the very top though.

Back