Is the Erik Silva Hype Train officially derailed?

Erick was winning that fight pretty handily, but got overconfident. Shit happens. Even in a exhausted state the Dong rose to the occasion.

handily? im not so sure about that. He got mounted in the first round.

its funny how hard everyone shits on him.... chin..... DHK hadnt ko'd anyone.... etc

i personally never saw erik as a title contender because his game has no flow and he has gas issues. hes young and very good but to get to the next level you need timing, rhythm and flow. silva might benefit from a camp change but imo he just doesnt have it between the ears to be champ

DHK should be way above the ladder. But his style doesn't help. And the fact that he doesn't give a shit about what people think about his style helps even less.

Erick was winning that fight pretty handily, but got overconfident. Shit happens. Even in a exhausted state the Dong rose to the occasion.

This^ Erick's victory seemed imminent. He just got sloppy and Dong caught him coming in.

He lost the first round and this round wasn't all that clear either, Silva was just gassed as was Kim. We don't know if he could keep avoiding getting taken down.

He is still a very exiting fighter.

He lost the first round and this round wasn't all that clear either, Silva was just gassed as was Kim. We don't know if he could keep avoiding getting taken down.

I thought he had both rounds in the bag despite the few seconds DHK spent in the mount in round 1. Would have to watch it again, i guess. Still, a large portion of MMA fans thought that DHK would just easily be able to control Erick on the ground and cruise to a 30-27. There was definitely none of that happening tonight.

Seems that way for now. This really makes him seem like he won't break into beating top 10-15 fighters anytime soon.

Kim's body language was definitely worse the minute or two prior to the KO.

Dana loves him. When you lose to Fitch and make him look good in the process ... you've been derailed. For Dana to then give you the credit for making the fight entertaining (by getting completely dominated), would suggest that he is right now on his way to a title shot

Done and dusted, dishes are done and floor is shined. I never believed in the guy once Fitch exposed his lack of grappling skills. Personally, I don't think GSP has much of a game on his back. The difference is, GSP never allows his opponent to put himself in that position. Ergo, why Silva will never succeed. Plus, his cardio looked bad by the 2nd round before the KO.

In Silva's defense that was probably the best punch I've ever seen Kim throw and it landed flush right as he was going in, that would have taken out most fighters. I like both of these guy and felt going in that a lost wouldn't drop either of their stocks too horribly.

This^ Erick's victory seemed imminent. He just got sloppy and Dong caught him coming in.

Dude, he got mounted and landed little on the first and only pressured for the first part of the 2nd. Damn some of you are dense.

I'm still on the train. He got caught, but looked good before it happened. Probably won't beat GSP though.

Kim's body language was definitely worse the minute or two prior to the KO.

That's splitting hairs. The body language of Erik Silva is the only thing that matters. winning or not. His body language after that shot can be translated as, "I wasn't as good as you thought". simple. he's good looking, cheeky smile, Baywatch body, Chokes in big fights or just isn't all that good.

I wonder what Dana says to spin it this time around

Back