Is the Erik Silva Hype Train officially derailed?

Who needs Erick? Palhares is back! GSP must be shitting himself now!

I thought his hype was over when Fitch beat him. But he just got knocked out cold by a grappler who hasn't finished a fight in over 4 years. It's defiantly over now.

There are a lot of fun fights for him, but his hype train is derailed.

0312_Poland_train_crash.gif

It should be, can join along side Connor Gregory when he returns

Still in. Fuck the fickle fans jumping ship from fighter to fighter at the drop of a hat. Erick will be back kicking ass, better than ever.

Definitely has the breaks put on it. It's obvious he has a lot of potential but he fights way too wrecklessly. If he fixes that he's still top 10 level. Whether he will or not is anybody's guess.

Yes. I think we gave Silva a pass for the Fitch loss since he gassed. Gassing once can be considered an aberration. But after he gassed again tonight, it's a trend. Combine the gassing with getting KTFO by a boring grappler and his hype train is off the rails.

DHK isn't even in the top 10 yet but we see how he fought him tonight. I guess so, still an exciting fighter though

Yep, we're sifting through the wreckage and getting a body count now.

Erick was winning that fight pretty handily, but got overconfident. Shit happens. Even in a exhausted state the Dong rose to the occasion.

Back