Is the discussion of what happens inside a black hole philosophy or science?

If its philosophy, what would the general consensus of sherdog say a black hole is?

Philosophy, I'd say, just like multiple universes and the state the universe that gave rise to the big bang. There is nothing to measure, so it is philosophy.

you can do the math without measuring something.

you can also always inductively reason without measuring something.

Speculation is fruitless. You would have to unite Quantum Theory (Basically, the center point of a black hole would be very small, right?) with General Relativity (enormous mass of a black hole).

you can do the math without measuring something.

you can also always inductively reason without measuring something.

From my understanding (which is very limited), the math doesn't work. From my understanding, there are probably just flaws with quantum theory.

Astrophysics has shown this "black" hole is nothing more than institutional entitlement where these phenomenon just gobble up all the "white" light in the universe. Just like welfare.

The answer, like in a lot of cases, is a little of both. You can take current knowledge and observation and use them to propose theoretical constructs that are based upon that information. That's not philosophy but sometimes philosophy helps to broaden the scope of one's speculation. Although what we know is limited it's still a valuable creative exercise that can drive discovery.

Science IS philosophy.

Philosophy is not necessarily science.

I don't understand quasars. Nothing is supposed to escape from a black hole, right?

So why are quasars spewing out matter?

I don't understand quasars. Nothing is supposed to escape from a black hole, right?

Stuff does escape black holes. Hawking Radiation. Time makes fools of us all.

Any one of you, intelligently describe what occurs at the event horizon of a black hole.
Without using wiki.

Any one of you, intelligently describe what occurs at the event horizon of a black hole.
Without using wiki.
It's the point of no return.

After that you lose the ability to live long and prosper.

Without using wiki.

Space time stretches so that the distance from there to the singularity becomes infinite. Particle pairs that appear naturally at the boundary and would ordinarily vanish are split up and the escaping particle is a form of radiation that diminishes the black hole over time.

If you really want to have this discussion I was actually thinking about having a thread devoted to them. But it would last a minute.

Without using wiki.

The area around a black hole where light can no longer escape its gravitational pull. I took a GR class a few years ago but not much stuck.

Space time stretches so that the distance from there to the singularity becomes infinite. Particle pairs that appear naturally at the boundary and would ordinarily vanish are split up and the escaping particle is a form of radiation that diminishes the black hole over time.
Thank you, beautiful.
But you forgot about the Gobstopper theorem. Willy Wonka described several things that mathematically and candyfically ought to happen

Back