Is the "Conor will never fight Tony" meme the new "Conor will never fight Floyd"?

Many
There were hundreds of "this is just a publicity stunt & you are an idiot for believing it" post
You know the SD types that posted that.
the same that are 90% wrong about everything but focus on only the 10% they get right

For sure there was a lot of people who thought that, myself included. But once you heard Dana and the UFC had initiated communications with Floyd, you knew it was going to be an eventuality.

For sure there was a lot of people who thought that, myself included. But once you heard Dana and the UFC had initiated communications with Floyd, you knew it was going to be an eventuality.

But you admit you were wrong
Not like nitwits we both know that just move the goal post until they are right.

TBF, I never said it would or wouldn't, just that it obviously could. So I am not crowing that I was correct.

Has the fight been booked?

No.

Then go fuck yourself, Conor’s head is a latrine for mockery until then.

It's true. The Conor haters are all idiots who hate for no good reason. So, being that they're idiots, it's no surprise that they say idiotic things such as "The Floyd fight will never happen" or "Conor will never fight Tony"

How was fighting one of the greatest boxers of all time, in boxing, an easier fight than fighting a poor striker with terrible defence and a tendency to get hurt?

Tony needs to get the fight to the ground or he's fucked. Conor on the other hand had to fight Floyd in the martial art that favoured Floyd.

He said an easy money fight, as in making a lot of money.

But to answer your question, it's easier because he's not expected to win. He is not a professional boxer and he did it for the money.

If he fights Tony in his own sport, and loses, what can he say?

It's true. The Conor haters are all idiots who hate for no good reason. So, being that they're idiots, it's no surprise that they say idiotic things such as "The Floyd fight will never happen" or "Conor will never fight Tony"
If Conor fights Tony next I'll put him on my avatar forever. No worries about that. Too much risk too little reward for Conor and UFC. Not to mention Trilogy with Nate value crashes should he lose. Nate is next or Tyron. Both he can keep LW title. Nate is risky but he won once already. Tyron's back against fence style is perfect for Conor to light up. I think Tyron would win probably but so what? Conman still keeps his unearned gold.

If Conor fights Tony next I'll put him on my avatar forever. No worries about that. Too much risk too little reward for Conor and UFC. Not to mention Trilogy with Nate value crashes should he lose. Nate is next or Tyron. Both he can keep LW title. Nate is risky but he won once already. Tyron's back against fence style is perfect for Conor to light up. I think Tyron would win probably but so what? Conman still keeps his unearned gold.

Sounds good, enjoy your new av. We'll see who's the real conman when you don't follow through on that.

And lol @ you calling Conor conman to begin with. Pretty interesting how some fake con man martial artist can somehow KO the p4p in 13 seconds and win two belts. I wonder how he conned people into believing that really happened lol.

Who said Conor would never fight Floyd?

100 Million for 30 minutes work? I'd let Floyd KO me for that right now - who wouldn't!?

Difference is, Tony is in Conor's sport so losing to him means something - losing to Floyd means nothing.

Lol 90% of this forum didnt think that the Floyd fight would ever happen, myself included.

Sounds good, enjoy your new av. We'll see who's the real conman when you don't follow through on that.

And lol @ you calling Conor conman to begin with. Pretty interesting how some fake con man martial artist can somehow KO the p4p in 13 seconds and win two belts. I wonder how he conned people into believing that really happened lol.
I call him conman because a) he's fooled young impressionable white kids like yourself he's the greatest. b) he and UFC picks favorable matchups, strikers which he's clearly good if not best at and avoids wrestlers when UFC is 75% wrestlers and European fighters are notoriously weak defending against.

Its easy to dupe casuals like yourself

How was fighting one of the greatest boxers of all time, in boxing, an easier fight than fighting a poor striker with terrible defence and a tendency to get hurt?

Tony needs to get the fight to the ground or he's fucked. Conor on the other hand had to fight Floyd in the martial art that favoured Floyd.
That fight should have never been sanctioned to begin with.....a fighter with a pro boxing record of 0-0....should have not have a fight with 49-0...now 50-0 Floyd fucking Mayweather. Money talked here, and money only. Conor should never have been allowed to fight Floyd, let alone hold up the entire 55 div for a year like he did 45.

You Conor crusaders are weird. Everyone of you act like you are Artem fucking Lobov, and have to defend the honor of your good pal Conor.

Truth is most of the people that thought they wouldn't fight is because Conor fights for money, not necessarily the top ranked guy. You are trying to make it sound like everybody was acting like he was scared. People with common sense know that he isn't afraid of another fighter.

Now go back to your fantasy that you have protected your heroes honor. And just so you don't say that I'm a Conor hater, I like watching Conor fight, and think he has a legit shot at beating Tony.

I did originally, but changed my mind pretty quickly when I saw it could actually happen.
Lol 90% of this forum didnt think that the Floyd fight would ever happen, myself included.
I believed the same thing and rightly so because it was such a stupid idea but money won out in the end. Never underestimate someones greed - particularly Dana and Mayweather.

I was addressing the idea that Conor was scared to fight Floyd for some reason, as I said, a loss there doesn't hurt his legacy and he earns tons of cash - i'd do it right now and as im getting KTFO i'd be thinking about the fine whores I can spend my money on - not fear. Conor was never unwilling to fight Mayweather, it was just extremely unlikely as it was predicted to be and turned out to be an utter farce.

I'm responding more to the thread title - which is not the same comparison. Conor is scared to fight Tony and Khabib as despite the money - a loss would damage his legacy as a real champion.

You Conor crusaders are weird. Everyone of you act like you are Artem fucking Lobov, and have to defend the honor of your good pal Conor.

Truth is most of the people that thought they wouldn't fight is because Conor fights for money, not necessarily the top ranked guy. You are trying to make it sound like everybody was acting like he was scared. People with common sense know that he isn't afraid of another fighter.

Now go back to your fantasy that you have protected your heroes honor. And just so you don't say that I'm a Conor hater, I like watching Conor fight, and think he has a legit shot at beating Tony.
"Hater" ;)

I call him conman because a) he's fooled young impressionable white kids like yourself he's the greatest. b) he and UFC picks favorable matchups, strikers which he's clearly good if not best at and avoids wrestlers when UFC is 75% wrestlers and European fighters are notoriously weak defending against.

My claim before was that Conor haters are idiots, and you're helping prove it.

- Assuming I'm young.
- Assuming I'm white.
Making silly assumptions like that goes against critical thinking, which is obviously something you know nothing about.

-Avoiding wrestlers.
I guess you're blind to the fact that he fought Chad Mendes and won the LW belt against Eddie Alvarez.

And you talk about the UFC booking favorable matchups when it's their job to put on fights that the fans want.

You're bitter, and evidently not putting a lot of thoughts into your post. Try being less angry and biased.

WTF does race have to do with anything?

Back