Is the "Conor will never fight Tony" meme the new "Conor will never fight Floyd"?

I actually forgot that he didn't even need a win at 155 to get that fucking title shot. He had actually recently lost a fight to Nate. I know he was able to (kind of) avenge that loss, but it was still a recent loss.
Yeah, he got that shot after going 1-1 at 170 with the Nate, who was not even top 5 at 55 at the time. What do you think would have happened if Nate never gave him the re-match? ........not half as bad as Jose' getting screwed.

No I dont remeber that. You're making false equivalency up. Most ppl said he would go running and take the big money fight with nothing to lose. He wont defend against Ferg/khabib or any top LW he stepped over for his gifted TS.

Well, i consider myself a Conor fan (don't appreciate all his antics especially flaunting wealth)
That said, up until it started getting close to being locked, i was more or less convinced he would never box Floyd... (didn't think they'd even sanction it, underestimated the $$$ effect)
Tony he will probably fight next though.. At least i hope so.

The Conor will never fight Floyd thing was mostly about them coming to an agreement - definitely a shocker that they did

No I dont remeber that. You're making false equivalency up. Most ppl said he would go running and take the big money fight with nothing to lose. He wont defend against Ferg/khabib or any top LW he stepped over for his gifted TS.
Either you barely post here, or you're just lying. "Floyd fight will NEVER happen" was spammed fucking constantly.

really bad comparison, mayweather was an easy ass money fight and ferguson is a real threat. but wouldn't expect much from a mcgregor fanboy

How was fighting one of the greatest boxers of all time, in boxing, an easier fight than fighting a poor striker with terrible defence and a tendency to get hurt?

Tony needs to get the fight to the ground or he's fucked. Conor on the other hand had to fight Floyd in the martial art that favoured Floyd.

The Conor will never fight Floyd thing was mostly about them coming to an agreement - definitely a shocker that they did
They both certainly went to the pay window.....in public if you will.

To REITERATE...

If Conor fights Tony next...then color me intrigued.

...but that's most likely not gonna happen, hence my indifference in regards to him fighting Nate, and towards Conor in general.

Oh, I guess there is a chance that he may fight Paulie... O_O

-_-

That's the exact type of asshole comment this thread is referring to.

Theres that magical 100 million number that no one can prove or verify... When his disclosed pay was 1 million he told everyone 5 million, when his disclosed pay was 3 million, he told everyone 15 million. He was guaranteed 30 million and tells everyone 100 million, and morons accept it as fact. Only person in that fight that was guaranteed at least 100 million was Floyd. How stupid can people be.
While there is some art to estimating there is also a lot of precedent material that goes into it.

So while the $100MM for Conor might be a stretch most analysts see $70MM as likely the low end of what COnor made in total for that fight.

It would be stupid also to only assume he made only the $30MM.

Either you barely post here, or you're just lying. "Floyd fight will NEVER happen" was spammed fucking constantly.

Who cares? Floyd is a retired boxer. It's reasonable to assume he's not going to fight a guy with zero pro boxing fights.

What's not reasonable is your reaction to it. You act like a retarded nerd when people insult his favourite comic book hero.

You should open a topic on Conors title defenses since he won that belt from Aldo. Oh wait...

when will these idiots stop and just let the chips fall where they may?

Its SD ... NEVER

Remember how many said MayMac would never do 1m buys?
Then never do 2m
Then 3m
Then 4m
Now the same nitwits brag that the fight did under 5m domestic with "I told you so"

While there is some art to estimating there is also a lot of precedent material that goes into it.

So while the $100MM for Conor might be a stretch most analysts see $70MM as likely the low end of what COnor made in total for that fight.

It would be stupid also to only assume he made only the $30MM.

This

With PPV of course a fight that did over 6m worldwide buys would bring him $100m

Also when will fools stop thinking disclosed pay is anything close to actual pay
UFC paid $80m in 2015, add up disclosed pay & see how stupid it is to still think that is near what the final tally is

Check out this link at 54 minutes in
http://radioinfluence.com/MMAInsiders/Epsiode5.mp3

it explains to anybody that thinks AC reports are accurate, how silly they are

Who said Conor would never fight Floyd?

100 Million for 30 minutes work? I'd let Floyd KO me for that right now - who wouldn't!?

Difference is, Tony is in Conor's sport so losing to him means something - losing to Floyd means nothing.

I did originally, but changed my mind pretty quickly when I saw it could actually happen.

Last edited:
Yeahhhh bud, that definitely had nothing to do with showing up drunk off whiskey.

No its called head trauma via getting your cranium rocked and chin cracked by a 40 year old brittle handed boxer past his prime. The whisky was for to take the sting out of defeat and getting finished, although considering his cardio he probably should have a gatorade instead.

Spoken like a true Conor fan...."like a G".
Im a fan of his ability to market himself and build hes brand,and he didnt get to he’s position without doing something right inside a cage. Whats the big deal? Let him get hes cash so he retires and the division gets back on track

Who said Conor would never fight Floyd?

Many
There were hundreds of "this is just a publicity stunt & you are an idiot for believing it" post
You know the SD types that posted that.
the same that are 90% wrong about everything but focus on only the 10% they get right

Back