Is the BBBofC & Commonwealth straps less than “Interim” World Straps

GolovkinGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A common pattern from UK World Champions is that many of them earned the Commonwealth or BBBofC straps. If you look at a guy like Leonard Bundu, the EBU seemed to have more weight than Gavin’s 147 “Commonwealth” cojones.

Are these straps really necessary? Do they have any weight with negotiations at World Level?

@Philtard

Last edited:
lol

Don't feed the goat @Philtard

Most heads mock the Commonwealth straps, like BJS. I reckon they are legit accomplishments assuming it’s the best fighting the beat in the UK.

Canelo has beaten Commonwealth and BBBofC as well as EBU champs in Hatton, Rhodes, Smith. Fielding will be the next? Many Canelo haters call these guys bums, so therefore these UK straps are garbage? I give Canelo credit that he has beaten legit UK fighters given those straps...

Legitimately? They're like any other alphabet belts intercontinental or Latino or whatever belt. Probably had some prestige at some stage but no one really cares.

Legitimately? They're like any other alphabet belts intercontinental or Latino or whatever belt. Probably had some prestige at some stage but no one really cares.

I think they’re legit. Technically it’s the best of the UK. I think the Commonwealth and BBBofC straps are brilliant. For instance a Welterweight version of this in the USA and we’d have a faster Crawford vs Spence because it has national prestige.

I think they’re legit. Technically it’s the best of the UK. I think the Commonwealth and BBBofC straps are brilliant. For instance a Welterweight version of this in the USA and we’d have a faster Crawford vs Spence because it has national prestige.
You would expect that because it includes more British territory that it would be better than the British title. But I think the British title has more prestige

All depends on the field of boxer during the era.

I dont think they mean that much, it just seems that a lot of fighters want to go through that route, so you get a lot of lesser fighters filtered out at that stage if they chose that path.

Absolutely no negotiating weight in terms of fighting for a world title though

You would expect that because it includes more British territory that it would be better than the British title. But I think the British title has more prestige

What is the difference between the BBBofC vs the Commonwealth? Which is better

What is the difference between the BBBofC vs the Commonwealth? Which is better
I think it's just a gradual step in the progress of going to international level if youre from the UK or a common wealth country. I dunno man.

Back