Is Tenshin Nasukawa ready for Saenchai?

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by MuayThai101, Aug 27, 2017.

1. MuayThai101 Blue Belt

MuayThai101
    I look at this kid and he looks like a super hero. Some of the best striking skills I have seen and he is only 19!

He is a little smaller than Saenchai but do you think he can take him in a kickboxing match? I know Saenchai is too experienced and skilled to lose under Muay Thai rules. What do you think? Still too soon? Too small?

2. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    Saenchai isn't good at kickboxing, beating him wouldn't mean much.

RichardN7 likes this.
  3. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    At 130 or 135 I think Saenchai would be a good kickboxer. His way of dealing with larger guys is taken away under kickboxing rules.

RichardN7 likes this.
  4. SuperLuigi Black Belt

SuperLuigi
    Tenshin fight at 55kg, Saenchai at 65kg these days. If Tenshin wants an elite Thai he should fight Puenkon or Prajanchai.

5. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    Why not Panpayak or Superlek?

6. SuperLuigi Black Belt

SuperLuigi
    They're bigger than him and would beat him up imo.

7. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    Tenshin's not ready for the top Japanese fighters at 55-60kg, much less Thais in good condition at his size

8. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    Huh? He ko'd Saiga and Wanchalong in the first round and made them look second rate, he's more than ready for Takeru, Tagai and the Urabe brothers imo. I could see him losing to Takeru but no way he would lose to someone like Ozawa.

9. Cocakillbana Black Belt

Cocakillbana
    So? Tenshin is bigger than Purnkol and was two weight classes bigger than Wanchalong (which is the same difference between what he would be to Panpayak). Isn't it interesting that this is always a one-way street?

10. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    Saiga basically quit kickboxing after he failed to back up his talk. Wanchalong is undersized and was coming off a fight like 20 days before that. Obviously, that:s not necessarily too out of the ordinary for a Thai, but considering how crappy he looked against Ogasawara I don't think he's taking these Japan bouts seriously enough. Tenshin's last two fights have been against completely washed up semi-retired Thais and he's being forced to do MMA as a sideline.

I think Tenshin is right around the competence of other top guys his age group i.e. around the level of Takei, Fukuda Kaito, Saikyo Haruma, Hiramoto Ren, etc. He might be able to beat Ozawa, but I doubt it'll be a blow out.

11. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    I mostly agree but it's more in which the way he is running through these guys that makes him stand out to me. Saiga has never gotten destroyed like that before (to my knowledge anyway) and while he has been focusing on mma recently, it's not like he came in bad condition or some shell of his former self. Now it could turn out that Tenshin is a front runner and doesn't do well when the other fighter pushes back and gives him an actual fight but in my eyes he's as good as any japanese fighter out there skill wise. But I agree that he's largely untested, I just want to see him fight some better opponents.

12. Hotora86 火虎 空手道

Hotora86
    Hasn't he switched to MMA completely? He's got a fight coming in October I believe?

13. Karaev fan Brown Belt

Karaev fan
    He's been asking for kickboxing fights, but Sakakibara keeps forcing him to do MMA. Fuck him and RIZIN.

He hasn't switched to MMA full time. He's just coming off a kickboxing fight and is doing another one for the next Knock Out event.

He's looked fantastic in all his fights, but the quality of opponents he's faced beyond Wanchalong (who I don't consider to have been in prime condition for that) has been atrocious. People complain about Takeru being a manufactured star, but Takeru's worst opponent over the past 3 years (probably Yodsaenchai) is on par with the guys Tenshin fights on a regular basis.

Its infuriating. Tenshin was a super hyped prospect, but guys like Saikyo and Hiramoto were competitive vs. him on the amateur scene (Hiramoto actually beat him fairly handily though Hiramoto grew up to be much bigger). Then those guys go onto Krush and K-1 to regularly fight in the competitive circuits while Tenshin hangs around avoiding K-1 and getting fed cans. He needs to test himself.

Mafanofe likes this.
  14. SuperLuigi Black Belt

SuperLuigi
    Didn't think of it that way but running through the matches in my head I can't see Panpayak or Superlek losing while I would still favor Puenkon but Tenshin would have a legit chance to win. I guess on the macro-level it reflects that we just know Thais are at a higher level.

UWanaPlayDaGame likes this.
  15. Tayski Purple Belt

Tayski
    Considering some of the lesser fighters (or smaller names shall I say) that Saenchai has fought in the last few years I don't see why not, apart from the difference in size obviously. It would have to be at some kind of catch weight around 60kg.

16. Sanchoy muay thai ownage

Sanchoy
    Tenshin vs Sanchai now is a career killer. under full MT rules sanchai will own him. Under k-1 he might hold his own. Japan should build up tenshin up more to be the next masato hero.

17. Tayski Purple Belt

Tayski
    The only thing is the age difference, no one knows when Saenchai will announce his retirement (hopefully not any time soon). If this fight could happen it can't be in too many years.

18. Mafanofe Brown Belt

Mafanofe
    Saenchai never fought a guy of his size under KB rules

he would score so much better than when he is undersized and can utilize his weapons to toy much bigger people on ftr

19. spritzlackieren Yellow Card

spritzlackieren
    The real question is why Saenchai isn't retired yet.

20. Tayski Purple Belt

Tayski
    Because he's physically fit, full of energy, hasn't got many injuries and he loves what he does that's why :)

It's his life.

JC Komo, bad seed and UWanaPlayDaGame like this.