Is Stripping Germaine DeRandamie Of Her Title

Mikey Palangio

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The only time the fans, the media and the UFC, and the fighters have been in unanimous agreement that it is best thing to do?

Some champs duck the number 1 contender for money (Michael Bisping). Some champs duck the number 1 contender for more money in other divisions and/or other sports (Conor McGregor). Some champs crush all the number 1 contenders, so the fans want freak show fights with much bigger opponents in higher weight classes (Demetrius Johnson). Some champs duck number 1 contenders because they can't get their non-professional life in order (Jon Jones).

In all these cases the fans, the fighters, the media and the UFC have been completely split.

So, it is interesting to get the feeling that everybody agrees that Germaine De Randamie should be stripped. Why?

I think it is because she is the only champ that is ducking purely based on fear. (1) Cris Cyborg would have been a nice pay cheque for GDR, and (2) Cris Cyborg would have been the biggest fight for GDR, but her best excuse is "Cyborg was busted for steroids a million years ago."

Cormier is in a similar but worse situation, he has no issues fighting a champ who beat while the champ may have been on steroids. DC is making ridiculous excuses.

This is the worst duck in the history of the sport, that I can remember.

Sure. I'll add that since she got stripped, so should Bisping and McGregor for the same reasons (ducking the #1 contender, reason for doing so is irrelevant).

Randamie has zero leverage. This is the equivalent of someone that just got hired making demands to management. This is why Conor/Bisping/DJ comparisons don't even need to be made.

The title has no value anyway since there is nobody in the division.

the pretty much non existing division probably made the decision to strip her significantly easier.

So is every fight at the women's 145 weight class going to be for the belt from now on?

The entire W-FW division is pointless. There are only about a handful of legit people in the division and only two of them are in the UFC now.

Cyborg was the #1 ranked fighter.

They did the title fight without her because they wanted a title match for UFC Brooklyn.

GDR didn't try to hide her ducking. The fact that she went from rematch holly to 'my hand hurts' when Cyborg is brought up then back to challenging Holly to fight anytime was absolutely ridiculous. I have no problem cutting someone that ducks that clearly.

At least in the other divisions people are open about wanting money fights or there is at least something else for the rest of the division to do. In this case its a division of 3 people and she refused to fight one of the other two people presumably agreeing to the division as long as she could fight Holly until they both retire.

I don't know who would disagree with it. She refuses to face the #1 contender, the fighter they created the fucking division for.

It'd be like if someone won the 135lb title before Rousey and refused to fight her back in the day.

The UFC can always be counted on to do the right thing...............provided it is in their financial best interest to do the right thing.

The last time I recall this kind of totality of agreement on stripping was when they stripped Tito for not fighting Chuck, another blatant example of ducking, and when Timmeh and Josh were stripped for juicing.

I didn't even know she got stripped

It's how little I care

There is no question there should be 100% consensus on this subject.

Having said that the UFC 145 women's title is a facade anyway.....Cyborg has had the real title for a very long time.

GDR becoming Champion in the weightclass that was created for Cyborg and then refusing to fight her is almost as bad as posting shit about her online and then calling the cops when she gets thumped in the mouth...

The only time the fans, the media and the UFC, and the fighters have been in unanimous agreement that it is best thing to do?

Some champs duck the number 1 contender for money (Michael Bisping). Some champs duck the number 1 contender for more money in other divisions and/or other sports (Conor McGregor). Some champs crush all the number 1 contenders, so the fans want freak show fights with much bigger opponents in higher weight classes (Demetrius Johnson). Some champs duck number 1 contenders because they can't get their non-professional life in order (Jon Jones).

In all these cases the fans, the fighters, the media and the UFC have been completely split.

So, it is interesting to get the feeling that everybody agrees that Germaine De Randamie should be stripped. Why?

I think it is because she is the only champ that is ducking purely based on fear. (1) Cris Cyborg would have been a nice pay cheque for GDR, and (2) Cris Cyborg would have been the biggest fight for GDR, but her best excuse is "Cyborg was busted for steroids a million years ago."

Cormier is in a similar but worse situation, he has no issues fighting a champ who beat while the champ may have been on steroids. DC is making ridiculous excuses.

This is the worst duck in the history of the sport, that I can remember.
Gotta be a real simpleton to consider what Conor is doing 'ducking'

Sure. I'll add that since she got stripped, so should Bisping and McGregor for the same reasons (ducking the #1 contender, reason for doing so is irrelevant).

Well technically Khabib is the #1 contender and he's been out since UFC 205 as well so...

I don't understand why it's so hard to understand. Do you think that the UFC executives cry themselves to sleep because Bisping wants a money fight? Don't you understand that a money fight means that the UFC will make money? If you are the champ and you decide to not fight the only other person in the entire division, then you sure as shit will lose your title because there is literally no other fight to make. Say what you want about fighter X ducking fighter Y, but in ALL other instances, the fight that is happening is the one the most fans want to see and as a result, it's a fight the UFC stands behind. It is impossible to compare GDR to any other "ducking" champ - everyone knew that Cyborg would be next and GDR decides not to fight her. All Bisping and McGregor haters should take a rest and have a think before they post on Sherdog.

Ducking fights is ducking fights. Stop pretending a person has a better excuse to not defend.

Strip them all.

Gotta be a real simpleton to consider what Conor is doing 'ducking'
Killing is killing, but of course, he label different types of killings differently based on the context of what transpired and how it transpired. For example, label killing murder if it was premeditated and manslaughter if it wasn't, and accidental if there was no intent.

Same with ducking. Ducking is ducking, but different people will rationalize and label it differently based on their feelings towards the person doing the ducking.

All fighters have their reasons for ducking.

Back