Is Stipe's Current Run the Most Impressive Ever?

Yes because AS had stinkers mixed in with spectacular finishes.

When was Stipe's last stinker let alone bad champion fight?

I will never forget how bad Leties, Côte, and Maia fights were.

If only he chose to fight against the young and top 10 beasts in HW. Oh, he doesnt get to pick his fights?...Oh there are no young up and coming beasts in the top 10?...

He's already surpassed Cain, and I could swap him and Werdum for number 2 behind Fedor at HW. HW GOAT also destroys any of the smaller weightclass GOATS.
Overeem > Werdum

its hard to not be impressed with his last 5 fights. HUNT AA JDS Werboonarang REEM, that's fucking impressive., old or not all guys who can still end a fight on a minutes notice

I dunno man. Forest Gumps' run was damn good. Ran until he grew a damn beard.

HW yes... all time.. Dick Pill Silva was the best in the day because of the guys he was beating at the time.. but that is easy to shit on now a days given recent circumstances

No because the people he has beat are clearly on the decline of their careers. I'm not saying its his fault & he can only beat who is in front of him but Stipe is just lucky to have come along when he did when the rest of the division are either injured or aging.

If we're just counting who's got the most impressive 5 back-to-back fights overall, I think it would have to be Jones (or don't we count him anymore?) with: Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad, Vitor in a row during 2011-2012.

And I'm sure there are many more equally impressive ones further back which I've forgot about.

Back