Is Stipe's Current Run the Most Impressive Ever?

ineverpost

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
5 wins in a row, all finishes against top ranked heavyweights. There have been longer win streaks no doubt, but based on the names that Stipe has starched, does this over take Anderson's run against arguably lesser competition?

5 wins in a row, all finishes against top ranked heavyweights. There have been longer win streaks no doubt, but based on the names that Stipe has starched, does this over take Anderson's run against arguably lesser competition?

I don't think it is as impressive as Anderson's run, but it is certainly the most impressive run from a HW.

At heavyweight, it's very impressive, you're always a punch away from being knockout.

The only thing that is bad for him is that most of the big names are now on the downfall and he won't have a chance to fight them in their prime.

He’s no Fedor but he aight

<BirdieOwn>

Well, heavyweight champs always look specially impressive during their reign. Brock looked like a super-villain with unfair strength, then the undefeated Cain tear through the division until he was KTFO by JDS, who had a crazy win streak. Later Werdum climbed his way to the top, fulfilling the eternal promise of a legendary grappler finally getting a top stand-up game, but Stipe flew under the radar until he got into his murderous streak...

Probably but Koing them and then putting in cabinets is vicious.

Silva's 6 year run on dick pills may never be broken

Yeah, you got to give it to him... he has cleared out the hardest division there is as far as being able to keep a win streak going. The harder hits are just physics. It's harder to keep winning at HW... but Stipe's doing it!

I feel if he beats the next two challengers, preferably Cain and Ngannou/Werdum (depending on who wins Overeem/Ngannou) - then we can compare it to Anderson's.

I'd say no, mainly because a couple of those wins were against very chinny opponents (Arlovski and Overeem). Impressive, yes, but not the most impressive ever. That probably goes to Anderson Silva, though the failed drug tests definitely diminish his accomplishments.

Yeah beating 80 yr old Pride guys from 2 generations ago real impressive. Lucky Cain is not healthy. Francis will son him.

Only if we're talking 5 HW wins in a row, in modern times, where every opponent was a big name.

But JDS had a good run too.
Werdum, Struve, Crocop, Yvel, Gonzaga, Nelson, Carwin, Cain, Mir.
But I guess it would sound more compact and impressive if he'd beaten Werdum, Crocop, Carwin, Cain and Mir back to back and not have guys like Struve in between.

If we're counting most impressive runs OVERALL then Stipe is not close.
There have been many huge runs, just take all the big champs like Jones, Aldo, Fedor.

Last edited:
Wtf are u talking about,TS?
Last 5 victories
Hunt,Werdum,Arlovkski,Overeem,JDS all are mileaged

HW is weak AF maybe weakest ever and thats saying something. Stacked with 40+yr old Pride guys way past prime. I'm not impressed at all really.

whats the combined age of those 5 opponents? like 200?

If only he chose to fight against the young and top 10 beasts in HW. Oh, he doesnt get to pick his fights?...Oh there are no young up and coming beasts in the top 10?...

He's already surpassed Cain, and I could swap him and Werdum for number 2 behind Fedor at HW. HW GOAT also destroys any of the smaller weightclass GOATS.

Beaten grandpas is not very impressive at all.

Back