Is Stipe the most boring and not exciting HW UFC champ ever?

Don't confuse boring outside the cage with a boring fighter. Just because he isn't a moron outside the cage doesn't mean Miocic is boring.

Man, Stipe cant get no hespect. No hespect I tell ya.

Rodney-Dangerfield-9902.jpg

What the fuck are you on about? He has finished his last five fights, four of them in the first round. If that isn't exciting enough for you then you should go watch the WWE, maybe that's the excitement you're looking for.
there's alway fans who are going to be drawn to fighters that have that "hey look at me I'm an attention whore" factor going on over their performance inside the cage. Which makes this sport really fucking annoying when fighters like Stipe are pushed aside because he just goes out there and fights no bs just does his job.

People loved Cain and UFC promoted him like heck
Werdum had all old school fans and Brazil behind him and many spanish speakers and portugese
Lesnar had all country boys, wrestling fans, WWE fans, and juiced white boys
Randy Couture was all American and been around forever made his career fighting any and everyone UFC also promote him a lot.
Junior Dos Santos was basically undefeated with all knockout wins and had all Brazil behind him
Carwin was huge jacked interim monster
Tim Sylvia and Arlovski were just best UFC had back then and Arlovski was K.O. artist
Mark Coleman is legend and first to bring ground and pound to big stage

I mean Stipe just bores me. Also is old and boring and seem to always lose before he gets lucky and wins.

Just what is it you expect, extra large shoes and a red nose? Stipe comes to fight and does it well, that's why I watch him. The guy deserves some appreciation. He's putting his health on the line for your entertainment, that should be enough.

Not even close....theres been several much more boring in the cage heavyweights over the years.

...unless you mean press conference stuff, in that case, who gives a fuck but the casuals about that.

He's exciting to me and a lot of us here, but I agree that there isn't really much buzz about him.
He doesn't come with a reputation that we can make a cartoon character out of, he doesn't have a marketable charismatic personality or aura, that's the issue.

seem to always lose before he gets lucky and wins.
Maybe you need to think about the fact that stipe gets "lucky" so much that it's not really luck at all...and you just don't understand what you're watching
<VinceCa$h>

Stipe is decent, but I just can't give him credit for his "best" wins. Alistair almost had him, Stipe got pretty lucky there. Werdum came rushing in like a 1 week boxing student, giving him his chin on a silver platter. JDS was way past his prime in the rematch and hardly threw any punches, and those that he threw were just slow and labored.

Prime JDS whooped Stipe.
Fricking Struve also beat him pretty hard.

Meh. Pretty weak champ imo.

Too bad you can't change your name to fightfinder, because it's obvious you've never seen that fight

I'm not trying to suck on stipe's nuts or anything....but even some of the post defending him come off as condescending and insulting

"I can name a couple other hw fighters more boring than him" ?

SMH the guy is on the cusp of having the most knockout wins and title defenses in the history of the division
<36>

Just what is it you expect, extra large shoes and a red nose? Stipe comes to fight and does it well, that's why I watch him. The guy deserves some appreciation. He's putting his health on the line for your entertainment, that should be enough.

Stipe is actually the fighter I'd most expect to see wearing extra large shoes and a red nose. Have you seen some of the silly things he's worn? Dude will do almost anything for a laugh.

I mean Stipe just bores me. Also is old and boring and seem to always lose before he gets lucky and wins.

Even if your characterization was true (which it isn't), don't people usually find come-from-behind winners entertaining? Does any one call Darren "the Damage" Elkins boring, for example?

Exactly what I was thinking.
After Stipe defeats Ngannu, he will be marketed heavily, whether the UFC does it or not.
Well he won still don't see the mainstream attention this man should be getting

Werdum had all old school fans and Brazil behind him and many spanish speakers and portugese
Randy Couture was all American and been around forever made his career fighting any and everyone UFC also promote him a lot.
Junior Dos Santos was basically undefeated with all knockout wins and had all Brazil behind him
Tim Sylvia and Arlovski were just best UFC had back then and Arlovski was K.O. artist

Before francis he had 5 knockout and 4 of them knock out was in the first round. I'm glad you can judge fight in 45 seconds - 2 mins. You are truly a fuck tard

Frankie Edgar and Dominick Cruz were way more boring

Tim Sylvia by lightyears.

This thread is bad, and you should feel bad for making it.

OP is talking about his personality and fan base. He is boring.

Not sure how Stipe is boring. Dude has a higher finish rate than most

I took a break from this forum for a while -- and this was the first thread I saw when I came back. Nice to know the thread quality hasn't changed I guess.

Back