Is Stipe the most boring and not exciting HW UFC champ ever?

People desperately need something to criticize even when there is nothing their. This is why social justice is so big today.

Long ko streak and let’s not forget the war with JDS—one of the best hw fights in ufc history—which a lot of people felt Stipe won.

People loved Cain and UFC promoted him like heck
Werdum had all old school fans and Brazil behind him and many spanish speakers and portugese
Lesnar had all country boys, wrestling fans, WWE fans, and juiced white boys
Randy Couture was all American and been around forever made his career fighting any and everyone UFC also promote him a lot.
Junior Dos Santos was basically undefeated with all knockout wins and had all Brazil behind him
Carwin was huge jacked interim monster
Tim Sylvia and Arlovski were just best UFC had back then and Arlovski was K.O. artist
Mark Coleman is legend and first to bring ground and pound to big stage

I mean Stipe just bores me. Also is old and boring and seem to always lose before he gets lucky and wins.
This is all I have to say about your above asinine comments:UFC HW KO Rates.png

Sylvia's second title reign left a lot to be desired, as his third fight with Arlovski and his fight with Snowman Monson were not exactly fun to watch. So let the hyperbole wash over you.

Compare that to Stipe's last five wins, boy, those were totally snoozefests.

I still can't believe people gave monson any chance at all in winning lol

are you doing the crack pipe??

Stipe is coming from 5 stoppages, all KO/TKO. Just because Ngannou is getting all the attention doesn't mean Stipe is a scrub or a bum. Seriously, the sheer amount of disrespect Stipe has here, along with the UFC riding the Ngannou hype train is unbelievable.

I still can't believe people gave monson any chance at all in winning lol
According to old odds sites, Sylvia was around a -250 to -260 favorite compared to Monson's +240ish underdog. Some people must have put money on Snowman, but I also don't know why.

What the fuck are you on about? He has finished his last five fights, four of them in the first round. If that isn't exciting enough for you then you should go watch the WWE, maybe that's the excitement you're looking for.

I agree Ladders, tables and chairs seem to do it for some people - they like rehearsed, choreographed violence....real violence frightens them!

According to old odds sites, Sylvia was around a -250 to -260 favorite compared to Monson's +240ish underdog. Some people must have put money on Snowman, but I also don't know why.

Had to been biggest height and reach advantage in a HW title fight ever

Did you ever actually watch a Tim Sylvia fight?

Stipe has that Mighty Mouse persona. It doesn't matter if he gets KOs and finishes, it's still boring. I don't know what it is. He just doesn't have a presence or charisma. He just come across as a normal guy that happens to be champion.

You should not have used the word "boring" for a guy with 5 straight finishes.
Now you've got all of Sherdog jumping on that word.

Maybe you should've phrased it more along the lines of "the least hyped". (in relation to amount of title defenses)

The first post makes a decent case for the majority of HW champs having more hype behind them than Stipe(except Tim Sylvia. And there are of course other names which were never that popular like Ricco and Maurice Smith)

Had to been biggest height and reach advantage in a HW title fight ever
Title fight? Easily. 11 inches taller, 10 inches longer reach. I can't think of many bigger height discrepancies in any UFC fight off the top of my head, other than Barry/Struve in which Struve was a full foot taller, but only 9.5 inch reach advantage looking at the tale of the tape now.

Stipe is decent, but I just can't give him credit for his "best" wins. Alistair almost had him, Stipe got pretty lucky there. Werdum came rushing in like a 1 week boxing student, giving him his chin on a silver platter. JDS was way past his prime in the rematch and hardly threw any punches, and those that he threw were just slow and labored.

Prime JDS whooped Stipe.
Fricking Struve also beat him pretty hard.

Meh. Pretty weak champ imo.

This the the dummest (serious) comment I’ve ever seen. Holy shit sherdog we have reached a new retardation level!!!

Edit: it’s a good thing he doesn’t need your “credit”. The opponents he left sleeping and damn near lifeless probably think otherwise.

Everyone hated Tim for being boring. Tim and Tito were a major reason why I watched PRIDE instead of the UFC.

He doesn't seem much different than Chuck, they even talk the same, and Chuck was a superstar.

Stipe and Cain are virtually the exact same fighter except Cain has even less personality and doesnt fight nearly as often. So there is no way Stipe is the most boring.

Exactly what I was thinking.
After Stipe defeats Ngannu, he will be marketed heavily, whether the UFC does it or not.

*13 knockouts wins out of 17 total wins

* Second most knockout wins in heavyweight history

*Most strikes landed in a single fight (361)

3 fight of the night bonuses

4 performance of the night bonuses

1 knockout of the night

2015 sherdog beat down of the year award winner

UFC161-NelsonXStipe-rd2-slowmo-1-400-sg.gif

Let’s wasteland these stupid threads because this isn’t even a valid argument, just an opinion from some basement dwelling virgin who peaks with excitement early morning when he jerks off in the shower.

Back