Is stipe miocic right to feel disrespected by the UFC?

Stipe is making champion money but doesn't sell tickets/PPVs and doesn't do media. He's a losing investment.

He's repeatedly said that he doesn't like promoting fights and that he doesn't even want to be famous. He's also gotten into multiple contractual disputes since he won the belt even though he isn't a big draw and doesn't want to put in the work to be a bigger one.

I don't think that he should have to run his mouth to sell, but that's not how this business works. I understand where the UFC is coming from here.
This day of time people cross the world and the media are drawn to drama. If its not drama then they don't buy into it. Even tho it don't matter if people talk shit or not it will be same out come in the cage on fight night. Look how people drawn to stupid reality TV shows, it's fake as F drama, but people love watching it.

Stipe is a good man and ufc is a circus, that's about it

Things are the way they are, there's not much that can be done about it, ufc still hold the monopoly essentially

I kinda see his point of view whether it's true or not.

The guy's been finishing fights left and right, not mention being extremely active. He's never been the one to be promoted much and the moment he demands more money the UFC is trying to sell the other guy real hard.

Should you blame the UFC tho? Stipe said he doesn't like promoting fights and he's demanding more money. Of course the UFC will promote the guy whose cheaper and easier to promote.

As much as I am in favor of fighters getting paid more it's still a business.

I think he's never quite forgotten or forgiven Dana for telling him back in 2015 that he wasn't going to get a title shot because he wasn't popular enough. Everything since then has been viewed tinged through that memory. Trust me, Croatians don't let go of a perceived slight easily (source: having Croatian parents).

I know he wasn't happy about his pay (as a titleholder) after learning that Overeem got paid more their title fight. The way he said it, he didn't push hard and took the UFC at their word that "it was the best deal they could do". I think Stipe forced a renegotition before the JDS-2 fight.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/...e-face-says-ufc-took-my-kindness-for-weakness

He can go back to firefighting full time if he feels disrespected. I'm not sure why he would feel that way though, I think most people who express that are projecting

Probably for the same reason the UFC ass kissed, acquiesced to and hyped up Conor, Brock, and Rhonda, despite having different nationalities, genders and fighting styles. They had one thing in common though, hmmmm.....
Yes, they got big ratings. UFC is a business. This is not a difficult concept to grasp. It's the same reason they're pushing Ngannou over Stipe. Hmmmm....

I know he wasn't happy about his pay (as a titleholder) after learning that Overeem got paid more their title fight. The way he said it, he didn't push hard and took the UFC at their word that "it was the best deal they could do". I think Stipe forced a renegotition before the JDS-2 fight.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/...e-face-says-ufc-took-my-kindness-for-weakness

I know there was an interview after the JDS fight where he says he didn't get a new contract for it, that the brass just gave him a promise of dealing with it afterwards. I'd have to spend some time figuring out where I heard it and isolating it though. For now you'll have to trust my memory and my veracity.

he hasnt beaten cain. until he does that he isnt the legit champ.
if he smokes ngannou then i'll be impressed. but there's still cain.
you're an idiot he beat the guy that choked out cain and took his title

Despiste the video, i ask you sherdog...

Is stiopic right to feel disrespected by the UFC?

I think so, but can you blame the UFC?
Stiopic is a promotional nightmare, and ngannou is perfect.

If stipe wants to keep away from the spotlight good for him... But he has to accept what comes with the territory

Discuss

I think he knows and everyone else knows that this has nothing about who is favorite in this fight.
it is the point of being snubbed by the promotion while they pick someone else to hype in your division.

Yes, Miocic is a good men. Not a disrespectful one.
But the dude is a class act, behave as he should, a fucking firemen and you tell me they "can't hype him"???
Well, that is ONLY because this fucking PROMOTION knows shit nothing about PROMOTION anyone that can't promote themselves.
And the ONLY ones they like are the naughty, the disrespectful and brash champions.

UFC has a WWE complex.
And they are greedy. Darn fucking greedy.

The ufc is promoting a card and they are doing it the best way they can. Stipes best way to build his brand is to ktfo ngannou. Jack the swag.

Stipe FANS be like: Woodley complaining about the UFC = bad. Stipe complaining about the same = good. Get teh fook outa heya.
this shit is all to get himself motivated.. woodley cries like a baby because the fans don't like him

Back