Is Stephens the legit hardest hitting 145er?

i think he is the hardest hitter but the way Max puts those combinations together and makes him more dangerous
Yeah, being the "hardest hitter" means less when you can't land the shot (which we've seen Stephens struggle with in the past). Max is definitely using a more consistent, higher-percentage style.

IMO it's a tossup between Stephens and Mendes, Conor shouldn't be considered if the Aldo fight is the prime example.

Conor's TKOs aren't about power though, it's timing and accuracy. It's like comparing Anderson Silva and Yoel Romero. Both get finishes, but it's clear who hits harder.
Conor McGregor is not an Anderson Silva type of striker. Fucking disgrace to even suggest it.

Conor was the bigger man at 145. He was heavily relying on raw size and power, not technique.

You guys fall for shit so easily.

Well, if we are comparing Conor to Floyd it’s obvious that he’s not by any means technical.

Maybe it’s just definition. For me, a power puncher is someone who hits incredibly hard and bases his gameplan on setting up one killing shot. Conor may not be the master of technique, but he does not fit into my category just because his jab is not pure.

That's not true though. See, I'm a boxing crossover fan- as in I came from boxing to MMA, ages ago. So maybe that's why our definition of a power puncher is different. What you're describing, which I have underlined, would be considered an amateurish puncher, not a power puncher.

But I see now that the difference lies in our definition.

Back