Is soccer the greatest sport?

Is soccer the greatest sport?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’d say on a worldwide level, soccer has no equal. As someone mentioned already, access to a ball and space is all you need. It’s effectively “universal “

And I don’t really even like soccer, other than the World Cup

GOAT sport

Last edited:
Is McDonald's the greatest food? Is retarded bubble gum pop the greatest music?

Don't confuse popularity with greatness.

As a American I love american football (eggball) but football (soccer) is growing on me so yes. I like to say if you could not settle war on the battlefield you can settle it on a football field.

It’s boring for those who don’t watch it and only see success in goals.. but for those who’ve been watching since they were a kid, it truly is the beautiful game.

Yes, all other sports are D-Level in comparison.

Greatest: No
Most popular: Yes

That said we all know why it's the most popular sport in the world. Just because anyone can play (which is a good thing) doesn't make it the greatest.

No, I grew up playing AYSO for about 4-5 years and really enjoyed it but I love Wrestling,Football, Basketball, Baseball, MMA, all much more than soccer.

I'm watching the world cup right now and honestly I've never seen or felt an atmosphere like it is in a world cup soccer game. Do you think it's the greatest sport?

Yes, for people that like it.
No, for people that don’t.

The fact that it's so popular all over the world in a way that's unparralled with any other sport is awesome for events like the world cup. You get some wonderful stories. So from that perspective it's pretty great. There is also a lot of history.

From an actual play perspective...when it's at its best it can be great too, one of the most beautiful, entertaining and exciting sports to watch. But there are plenty of other sports that can match it in that department, or exceed...

While there are some aspects of it I don't like the main selling points for me are the fact that the participants at the highest level largely mimic how most humans are built unlike sports like the NBA where you are a genetic accident just to be considered to play at the highest levels. Soccer's presentation kills things like the NFL which are commercial shit shows.

Honestly the world cup isn't that great to watch anymore, too many small sides who play dull defensive football, really great games like Spain/Portugal last night have been very rare in recent world cups.

Last really great world cup with the very highest standards of football on display was I'd say back in 1998. Used to be I never missed a game in it, not the case anymore.

Honestly the world cup isn't that great to watch anymore, too many small sides who play dull defensive football, really great games like Spain/Portugal last night have been very rare in recent world cups.

Last really great world cup with the very highest standards of football on display was I'd say back in 1998. Used to be I never missed a game in it, not the case anymore.

It is still an awesome event though, even if champions league is now a higher standard of football/soccer.

It is still an awesome event though, even if champions league is now a higher standard of football/soccer.

Certainly for the shear scale but I think it could be a lot better than it is without FIFA's excessive greed in over expanding it.

Nope. No sport than can end 0-0 is the greatest sport on Earth.
This right here.

I admire the sport in the way that it can be played by basically anyone, but it's entirely too boring for me to watch or play.

Back