Is Sherdog really pretending Namajunas vs Jedrezjezkdfh II isn’t going to go like JDS vs Cain II?

I don't think JJ will be able to circle & pitter patter punch & baby kick her way to a decision. Rose by TKD TKO in the rematch.

I'm sure you also said that JJ would wreck Rose in the first fight.

Only idiots think they know what is going to happen between two high level fighters.

I think rose wins again... Too creative and flowy out there..Joanna has like these pre meditated combos she wants to throw in her head and uncorks them at all at once often missing alot instead of adapting with the fight.

Like Cain, Joanna is clearly the better fighter who just got caught. I’m astonished how fast this forum has changed their mind about a top 3 GOAT in WMMA. Say what you want to say about her but y’all gonna look stupid when J.J. gets back what is hers.

On paper Jc is not looking good IMHO.

Joanna Contender don’t have the variable of being capable of put Rose in her back.
So what kind of pressure can she put on Rose to make Her pay for the exchanges that are going to happen only standing up.
Rose grappling is better then JCs.

The only way to Jc to win is by staying in the outside for five rounds and not get caught by a counter and now Rose KNOWS she is capable to put Jc to sleep so she will not be shy.

65/45 Rose keeping that belt.

Agree. JJ is going to win. Rose won due to bad weight cut, it was clear in my mind, thinking about previous fights and seeing how she suddenly got rocked and dropped so easily. I have gotten every single fight prediction right so far since I've joined Sherdog so if anyone wants to put money, put it on JJ. She's gonna come back fierce and teach Rose a lesson.

idk, Cain/JDS 1 was pretty short where in that short time the champ decided to compete in the challenger's strongest area while not implementing his best weapon.

JJ/Rose was JJ flat out getting outworked and hurt repeatedly in her own strongest area before eventually being finished. I don't really see the parallel. For it to make sense it'd have to have been Joanna trying to take Rose down and getting submitted for it.

Wrong

Gollum better get in the sauna/Mount Doom so she doesn´t have to drop 900lbs in 19 minutes again

We'll see.

Are we going to pretend these same exact threads weren't being started after TJ vs Barao?

I think Joanna needs to take a page out of Karolina's gameplan if she wants to beat Rose but the problem is that Karolina had the chin to walk through Rose's shots.

Have we ever seen a dominant champion woman ever come back from a brutal loss???

Matchup's a puzzle and I say that as a long time namajunas fan

She has the kind of variety in outings that would make a vegas bookie sell a car crushing robot to the pawn stars to cover his bets on her

Yeah Cain's perhaps the most tragically injury prone UFC fighter we've ever seen and his body was clearly not functioning properly in the first Dos Santos fight. Plus, in the first fight he wasn't using the threat of takedowns and the clinch game and playing into Dos Santos' boxing style. Once he was more able bodied and remembered that he can use clinching and takedown threats to augment his kickboxing, well, we all saw what followed. JJ was using some of her primary MMA skills in that fight and still got dropped hard. Nor was there any evidence she was as badly injured as Cain was in the first Dos Santos fight. Now, JJ could somehow come alive and dominate for 5 rounds in the rematch. But Cain Dos Santos 1 vs 2 is not a pattern to predict what happens.

Why are people going on like Rose landed some lucky punch?

She had the range, speed and power. The fight might not have went for long, but she won almost every single exchange.

JJ isn't going to come in as a wrestler for the next fight. She's going to try and do the same thing again, and just like before, Rose is going to have that range, speed and power advantage again.

Stranger things haves happened. After seeing it happen once, now I don't think JJ has anything for Rose but the night before they fought JJ seemed unbeatable so who knows.
I would still like JJ' s chances better if she won a couple fights first. Rose had her number

JJ was missing literally ALL her straight punches, fell badly short. If JJ can't establish mid-range with her jab to set up other shots Rose can line up power shots again. Rose is good at closing distance with long, hard shots.

JJ will go with stand-up again as a striker, while Cain's a wrestler who chose to kickbox with JDS. In their rematch he moved into jabbing range from where everything from power rear hands to clinching to takedowns opened as JDS missed with counter hooks. Jab is key in both rematches.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope that it does. I want to see JJ absolutely tool and dismantle Rose. The look on Pat Barry's face alone will be priceless.

Lol people all of a sudden pretend like Rose is a world beater and didn't just get outclassed by Karolina, a lesser striker than Joanna. You are all a pathetic bunch of haters. Joanna has beaten far better opponents. All of whom would wreck rose

To think it was just a case of being caught with one big shot is false. Rose was throwing lots of faints and making JJ miss a lot and punishing her when she did. It was a brief clinic and seeing as this is a immediate rematch, I see no reason to think it will go differently.
Big fan of both fighters so hoping JJ has looked at the fight and fixed a few things

Back