Is seeing lnp/ very little-if-any-at-all-damage-points win the most deflating & boring thing in mma

pilgrim4702

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This isn't ultimate fighting self defense.

My brother got into so many fights in school that toward the end of the year he had to resort to holding the othe kid down using (one time a quasi- cradle) his strength, because if he threw a single punch he'd be expelled. He basically had to neutralize the other guy to avoid punitive administrative action.

Why do certain fighters fight that way? Why did Jon Fitch, gsp, Tim Kennedy, that one hw who looked like a cave man and was cut from UFC (I think he went to wsof) and others base their gameplan around what looks like an attempt not to get in trouble for assault? It looks more like self defense than a fuckin g fight!

Larkin vs Daley and wasn't rocket sockem robots; that was a fucking FIGHT fought at a very high skill level. I am a huge fan of what Ben askren, Kabib, and Frank Edgar (and Chael to an extent) do on the ground; they beat the shit of of guys that they take down. Maia for the most part abuses guys on the ground.

Why do gsp and Jon Fitch and friends use a "I won't let him hit me, I'll hold him so he can't" style and then some tools out of a lack of brain cells call that 'fighting'? Why can't gsp/ Fitch and friends just FIGHT?

This isn't ultimate fighting self defense.

My brother got into so many fights in school that toward the end of the year he had to resort to holding the othe kid down using (one time a quasi- cradle) his strength, because if he threw a single punch he'd be expelled. He basically had to neutralize the other guy to avoid punitive administrative action.

Why do certain fighters fight that way? Why did Jon Fitch, gsp, Tim Kennedy, that one hw who looked like a cave man and was cut from UFC (I think he went to wsof) and others base their gameplan around what looks like an attempt not to get in trouble for assault? It looks more like self defense than a fuckin g fight!

Larkin vs Daley and wasn't rocket sockem robots; that was a fucking FIGHT fought at a very high skill level. I am a huge fan of what Ben askren, Kabib, and Frank Edgar (and Chael to an extent) do on the ground; they beat the shit of of guys that they take down. Maia for the most part abuses guys on the ground.

Why do gsp and Jon Fitch and friends use a "I won't let him hit me, I'll hold him so he can't" style and then some tools out of a lack of brain cells call that 'fighting'? Why can't gsp/ Fitch and friends just FIGHT?

Jared Rosholt is the HW you're thinking of, watching one of his fights was 100 times more powerful than the most potent of sleeping tablets

Back