Is Ryan Hall a bad matchup for Brian Ortega?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Ryan Hall nullifies Ortega's biggest strengths: length and grappling. Hall, being a multiple-time BJJ world champion, has the upper-hand on the ground and his Wonderboy-like kicks would give Ortega a lot of trouble(Stephen Thompson is his main training partner).

IMO it is a bad matchup for the Rener Gracie black belt. I see a very bright future for Ryan Hall in the FW division

Unfortunately for Ryan Hall as good as he is the UFC hates him for some reason and I'm not sure he'll ever get another fight, let alone one with a guy they want to market.

Also Ortega would box him up pretty badly imo

That dude hasn't fought in more than over a year. His name doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Ortega's

I don’t think Ryan Hall would be catching t city in a leg lock

I never care to watch Ryan Hall fight again.

My goodness is it awful to watch him fight. To be honest I wouldn't even call his fights "fights".

Also, Hall is not a black belt BJJ world champion. Imo calling him a multiple time world champion is a little misleading.

I think Ortega would probably KO him, would be interested in seeing them grapple though

Interesting match up.
What's going on with Ryan Hall anyway?
Has he been injured or something?

I don't think butt flopping on Ortega would win him points. Ortega isn't washed up Maynard, he will eventually win on points or just KO Ryan when he does one of his flops

Ryan Hall does not have wonderboy like kicks, I understand they train together. But that's like saying Lobov has Conor's boxing(and I hate SBG)...c'mon man

Having said that I do think this is a really interesting matchup, and would be interested in the grappling....if Ryan hall ever takes another fight

The fuck kind of weak ass troll attempt is this?

Even if Ortega wasn't already a proven should-be-banned steroid cheater I'd root for him over weak ass Ryan Hall.

Ryan "lol" Hall got nothn but respect for Ortega!

Ryan Hall nullifies Ortega's biggest strengths: length and grappling. Hall, being a multiple-time BJJ world champion, has the upper-hand on the ground and his Wonderboy-like kicks would give Ortega a lot of trouble(Stephen Thompson is his main training partner).

IMO it is a bad matchup for the Rener Gracie black belt. I see a very bright future for Ryan Hall in the FW division
I think Ortega's striking will prove to be too good. And both are very high level bjj guys so I think it would be hard for the other to finish. I could be wrong about this.

Unfortunately for Ryan Hall as good as he is the UFC hates him for some reason and I'm not sure he'll ever get another fight, let alone one with a guy they want to market.

Also Ortega would box him up pretty badly imo

He'll get a fight.

Ortega would win.

I think Ortega would probably KO him, would be interested in seeing them grapple though
Most probably the case...or Ryan hall outpoints him...It's either T City catches him like he did Swanson...or this will be Condit Diaz all over again....with some sauce...ryan hall is actually entertaining to me....
Gray-Maynard-HIT-with-HOOK-HK-vs-Ryan-Hall-R2-_zps5uwbupz1.gif

589cf2306c432.gif

giphy.gif

Back