Is Romero-Costa on for 230?

BobbyHillComedian

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The UFC announced this about a month ago but then there were reports that despite the announcement, Romero had yet to agree to the fight.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/7/...s-paulo-costa-not-yet-signed-ufc-230-mma-news

Since then, there haven't been any further major developments as far as I can tell... Costa called out Romero for not signing the contract, but then later was talking like the fight was gonna happen... what's the deal? Anybody know?

I thought Romero was moving up...?

Anyways Romero via whatever he wants.

The UFC announced this about a month ago but then there were reports that despite the announcement, Romero had yet to agree to the fight.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/7/...s-paulo-costa-not-yet-signed-ufc-230-mma-news

Since then, there haven't been any further major developments as far as I can tell... Costa called out Romero for not signing the contract, but then later was talking like the fight was gonna happen... what's the deal? Anybody know?

it was said to be in the works. just like how rockhold vs Weidman was in the works as well

Gotta hand it to Romero (if he accepts this fight)... he's the #1 contender so its a risky fight to lose at this stage of his career. Plus he's got insane recovery skills.

If Costa wins this half of Sherdog will collectively turn gay.

So not only is Costa the one who wanted this fight, he's calling Romero out at any sign of him not accepting the fight?
<mma4>

Lmao. Rockhold vs Weedman was announced for 230.

I think Romero vs Costa is a scratchhhh
Rocksalt did not sign contract yet. Said he has money and don't need to fight unless they offer him more money.

UFC knows Yoel had plans moving up, knows he goes war after war from Luke to Whittaker, had his orbital broken and needed a surgery on it. So he is getting a small training camp for the fight if he does agree to it, against someone who, if he beats, will still leave him one or two more fights away from the title.

They are pressuring Yoel to take it by making him appear like he backs out of a fight that is officially promoted but not yet made, and Yoel never turns down a fight.

Romero had surgery on his eye I doubt he wants to bang so soon with a bomber like Costa, one good hit and it might break again

I wanna see romero handling with all the pressure from Costa, which is uncommon to him. Got costa on this one

I wanna see romero handling with all the pressure from Costa, which is uncommon to him. Got costa on this one
He will handle it by slamming him to the canvas and smashing him.

Back