Is Richard Dawkins calling for genocide?

Judge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here is what he said

Now you are saying, Judge, he is talking about those birth defect people. But follow his logic. He wants to champion Eugenics to avoid human suffering.

So murdering someone to reduce their suffering he is okay with.
Who here does not suffer? Who here knows anyone with a birth defect?

Life it suffering. Suffering is the most real thing in life. Try denying that.

But again, if ending someone's life without THEIR CONSENT to stop their suffering, then I am saying using Dawkins's logic he is calling for the genocide of the human race.

I'm glad you added a question mark so you don't sound like a stupid or crazy person with an agenda.

I'm glad you added a question mark so you don't sound like a stupid or crazy person with an agenda.

Ahh, because you've demonstrated the example of objectivity in your threads, yes?

smhn.gif

I wonder if there's a way that we could arrange for this thread to be anally raped on its way to the dump.

Strange, the Pope makes it sound like the Nazi Eugenics were a bad thing.

I guess the TS would come a long way towards the answer of his question if he learned the definition of murder, and also how it differs from abortion. That should make the separation from any thoughts of genocide pretty clear I would think.

Last edited:
Grasping at straws a bit here.

howso? Instead of just saying something useless attack my thought.

I am glad you tore apart my reasoning. I mean, it was so easy since I am such a criminal mad man.....oh wait, you didn't tear it apart.
Why don't you try instead of cry?

I guess the TS would come a long way towards the answer of his question if he learned the definition of murder, and how it differs from eugenics.

Again, to you. My words are right there. Show how I am cray cray exact-lay-lay

Grasping at straws a bit here.

Grasping for dialogue and begging for someone of such brain power as yourself might show me why I am such a silly billy for even having such thoughts.

Please be gentle!

Thread is bad.
TS is bad.
TS should feel bad.

Traditionally genocide is committed against a certain ethnicity.

I am glad you tore apart my reasoning. I mean, it was so easy since I am such a criminal mad man.....oh wait, you didn't tear it apart.
Why don't you try instead of cry?

You want me to reason with an opinion that you, yourself, didn't form with reason? Is that correct?

Here is what he said

Now you are saying, Judge, he is talking about those birth defect people. But follow his logic. He wants to champion Eugenics to avoid human suffering.

So murdering someone to reduce their suffering he is okay with.
Who here does not suffer? Who here knows anyone with a birth defect?

Life it suffering. Suffering is the most real thing in life. Try denying that.

But again, if ending someone's life without THEIR CONSENT to stop their suffering, then I am saying using Dawkins's logic he is calling for the genocide of the human race.

tenor.gif

Eugenics is about the avoidance of individual human suffering.

Today, we just call genocide "population control", maintenance, stabilizing of growth. The ways to achieve this feat are less crude than they were in years past, but mostly only because there are better alternatives are available, due to technological progress.

But no matter how the terms are defined, or how the concepts are re-packaged, it all amounts to the same. Less human beings on the planet.

Short answer: No!
Long answer : Hell No!
Very long answer: Abortion of fetuses with detected life crippling birth defects, is not eugenetics -which is preventing "undesireables" to procreate.
Genocide is extermination of groups of people for ethnic or racial (or religious for that matter) reasons, and using that for any of the above is just... wrong. Intentionally wrong.

Last edited:
Back