Is Ric Flair is the Greatest Of All Time?

With all due respect to Flair, he's not in the top 5.

Stone Cold
The Rock
Shawn Michaels
Hulk Hogan
The Undertaker

Definatley within 6-10 though.

ric-flair-flops-o.gif

No one took bumps better than the Nature boy

That walking faceplant he did was iconic.

And the fact he always got thrown off the top rope.

Flair is more GOAT in rasslin than Jordan and Gretzky in their sports combined.

[Yt]oESVMyJ20Ik[/MEDIA]

[YT]SA_MrX1hkvc[/YT]

[YT]EESXXOpWrdc[/YT]

[YT]lBgfC-jFaJQ[/YT]

Ric Flair is up there.

Ric was great in his day, he just stayed around way too long.

No. Bret Hart's best work outshines Flairs.

The lame argument is always, wah, Ric worked 60 minutes all the time, worked in so many places etc etc. My answer is, SO? It was often in front of only a few hundred fans.

I don't care what you say, Bret vs Austin, Perfect, Michaels, Bulldog, Owen, Dynamite, Piper, Benoit...all the way down to the likes of Mountie, Nasty Boys, etc etc Far more dynamic, far greater heights.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Flairs best match in WCW from 1995 onwards when he was proper out of his time was against Bret in 1998...

I only really got into wrestling in 1990, and was mainly a WWF guy.

I never really thought Flair was that good tbh. RR 1992, WM 8 and his retirement were the only memorable things of his, to me.

I thought his ring work was repetitive and his mic skills were over-rated- alot of the time I could barely make out what he was saying.

Granted he was apparently at his peak in 70s-80s, but I wasn't around for that. He definitely stayed around far far too long.

Are most of you guys 40+?

I'm 35, and had watched Flair in NWA from around 89, but I'm a big wrestling guy so have gone back and watched a lot of old footage over the years. Before the Internet, I used to tape trade VHS.

Those of you saying Rock/Austin need to realize they couldn't keep it going in the biz as long as Flair did.

He broke his fucking neck, man. Tends to slow a man's career down.

The lame argument is always, wah, Ric worked 60 minutes all the time, worked in so many places etc etc. My answer is, SO? It was often in front of only a few hundred fans.

I don't care what you say, Bret vs Austin, Perfect, Michaels, Bulldog, Owen, Dynamite, Piper, Benoit...all the way down to the likes of Mountie, Nasty Boys, etc etc Far more dynamic, far greater heights.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Flairs best match in WCW from 1995 onwards when he was proper out of his time was against Bret in 1998...

Of coarse Bret's ring work outshines flairs, but Bret Hart isn't even in the same universe when it comes to mic skills and Charisma. The main thing that got Bret Over was the fact that he's Canadian. No one really gave a shit about him in the states and it showed when he went to the WCW.

Hulk Hogan is the Goat when it comes to impact on the business.

Ric Flair is the Goat if you factor in Promo's, ring psychology, and longevity

The Rock is the Goat when it comes to overall best performer

Shawn Michaels is the goat when it comes to in ring performance.

That's why I said (in regards to the op) "short answer... yes."

The main thing that got Bret Over was the fact that he's Canadian. No one really gave a shit about him in the states and it showed when he went to the WCW.

Exaggeration. Bret was massive international star at his peak. Even then I'm sure he wasn't extremely popular in the states.

But none of that has to do with his success or lack of in WCW. The only reason he did anything there is because he was famous and respected. He didn't earn anything there.

Dude created his own gimmick, choreographed all his matches, had athleticism, technique, played face and heel equally well, as was highly relevant his entire career.

But really pomp and circumstances.

19b1tlvuhu3ujjpg.jpg

With all due respect to Flair, he's not in the top 5.

Stone Cold
The Rock
Shawn Michaels
Hulk Hogan
The Undertaker

Definatley within 6-10 though.

Funny every guy on your list but Taker, have stated publicly Flair is the GOAT. Taker does not do interviews so its hard to tell who his GOAT is.
A majority of wrestlers state Flair is the GOAT.
Also what Flair had to do in the territory days makes him the GOAT. Had to wrestle regional champs, make the regional guy look good, all the while making himself look good and walk out with the belt, while not totally shitting on the regional guy.
Hogan just had to Hulk up, body slam, big boot, leg drop and go home.

I'll never get why people suck on the undertaker so hard

Bret was amazing in the ring

But the dude could make a deaf man fall alseep on the mic

Flair was the total package

If someone makes a who was the best "wrestler" of all time thread bret would be close to the top of my list

[YT]C9enMPQtsdA[/YT]

I think if someone was to poll all the wrestlers currently signed to wwe

they would say ric flair is goat

Back