Is REM the best band of all time? And I don't know who they are?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was actually going to make this topic as an LOL Rod Stewart was still a top 10 guy in 1990 then Nirvana came along in 1991 and transformed music...

I always imagined REM as a modern band.

I looked at several years before 1990 -- they all had REM.

And obviously 1991 + has REM.

Is REM the best band of all time that I don't know about?

Their debut album Murmur is definitely one of my favourites, a lot of the 80's stuff that followed was very listenable as well if not having the same kind of mystery to it.

I like that song Orange Crush but I could never get into their music.

Murmur was their only great album. I prefer Let's Active more overall from that scene.

Incredibly overrated band that got played into the fucking ground over the airwaves.

I never liked them until i was older. I find them kind of queefy as people, but i do like some of their songs.

Loved loved loved them when I was young. Their first 3-4 albums are great. But they were played so much on the radio that after a point I just couldn't bear hearing the same songs again and again. I find Stipe to be really tedious too.

Their lead singer is really annoying. He has the Lars disease where he tries to be profound in everything he says as if all of his words are going to be quoted and forever taught in history books.

Their lead singer is really annoying. He has the Lars disease where he tries to be profound in everything he says as if all of his words are going to be quoted and forever taught in history books.

Ironically on Murmur you can barely make out most of the lyrics.

maxresdefault.jpg

REM is good. What about Radiohead?

Back