Is Ray Cooper III anything more than a brawler - Melvin Moehoef comparision

And he's knocked out Jake Shields twice, but to be honest, Jake is 39 and hasnt been in his prime since after the Maia fight
Cooper just seemed WELL beyond Shields skill level. So much so that I couldn't see any version of Shields beating him. He just doesn't have enough tools.

Last edited:
RC3 can probably cut to 155 outside the tournament format. He fought at 155 last year.
Which actually proves he doesn't need to cut weight. Example, look at Frankie Edgar, UFC Lightweight Champion at one point, he cuts weight and hasn't won a title since and even got knocked out at the lighter weight.

The talent in PFL is not very good. None of them could be elite fighters in the UFC.
Not even close to true. I can understand the overall talent there not being impressive. But there's plenty of fighters that could comfortably be in the UFC

FW: Palmer, Harrison,
LW: Schulte, Wade, Mamedov,
WW: Cooper, Ferreira, Magomedkerimov, Nurmagomedov,
MW: Gamzatov, MAYBE Taylor, Magomedov

The two divisions I could understand not having great fighters are HW/LHW

LHW: I can't see any of them even getting past the Cummins/Cirkunov/OSP level. USADA would defeat Vinny.
HW: I think even current Mark Hunt would KO all of them. All. Of. Them.

PFL is an absolute joke of an organization with a hundred problems and mistakes and likely won't be around by this time next year. The IFL was more competently run.

HOWEVER, there are definitely talented fighters competing for them, including many that would be perfectly respectable or even successful in the UFC.

And yes, Cooper looks very intriguing. Especially considering he is only 25.

Cooper just seemed WELL beyond Shields skill level. So much so that I couldn't see any version of Shields beating him. He just doesn't have enough tools.

A lot of people thought what Cooper did to Shields was what McG was going to do to Khabib...

I'll say this... If you're an MMA fighter and your name is Cooper you better be damned good.

Because that obvious "Pooper Scooper" nickname is always on hold just waiting to be sprung on you.

He beat some guys who arent UFC caliber....meaning hes future GOAT for sure!!
Tbh shields should have never been released bc hes legit but is boring as counting sand on a beach so I was ok with it. I'm glad he got beat down twice now like that as he seems like a giant turd as well as being boring.

Why would he go to the UFC when he can earn $1 mill with PFL?

He's a fun fighter, not the greatest, but fun to watch and tough as fuck.

Would Demian Maia fair any better than Shields?

Ray Cooper III is for real

Never heard of him before. Looks like someone to keep an eye on.

Dude seems to possess the touch of death, to do what he did to Shields even in this day and age is extremely impressive. I don't think I've ever seen anyone run through Shields like that aside from Ellenberger.

That's because Shields was much younger and better when he fought Lawler, Condit, etc. I'd expect Cooper to be about as effective as Erick Silva was in the UFC.

PFL is an absolute joke of an organization with a hundred problems and mistakes and likely won't be around by this time next year. The IFL was more competently run.

HOWEVER, there are definitely talented fighters competing for them, including many that would be perfectly respectable or even successful in the UFC.

And yes, Cooper looks very intriguing. Especially considering he is only 25.
PFL is very entertaining and their format is awesome in my opinion. There are a few tweaks they could make like change the quarter-final tiebreaker rule in the two round fights for example. But by and large I thought the fighters that deserved to advance to the finals did so.

PFL is very entertaining and their format is awesome in my opinion. There are a few tweaks they could make like change the quarter-final tiebreaker rule in the two round fights for example. But by and large I thought the fighters that deserved to advance to the finals did so.

An "awesome" format where fighters win round 1, then do absolutely nothing in round 2, and advance anyways on a draw?

An "awesome" format where high stakes fights last all of 2 rounds?

An "awesome" format where, after winning the first fight of the regular season, the second one doesn't matter at all?

An "awesome" format which wastes older, big name fighters in meangless, random fights?

An "awesome" format where knocked out fighters have to compete 1 month later, which is incredibly dangerous?

I could go on and on. Luckily I won't have to, because I doubt PFL will be around this time next year. Then, their talented fighters can move on to better organizations.

Back