Is Ray Cooper III anything more than a brawler - Melvin Moehoef comparision

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He seems to be the next hot potential UFC prospect after his PFL league performances, but most of his wins have been against sub par competition

And he's knocked out Jake Shields twice, but to be honest, Jake is 39 and hasnt been in his prime since after the Maia fight

Hes a 5'8" WW with minimal reach, but he seems to just attack fighters, constantly throwing haymakers, hoping one lands

How would he do against a more technical striker who keeps him at distance iwth jabs and push kicks

How is his takedown defense?

How is his gas tank. Can he still throw haymakers Rnd 3?

"Houston Alexander is for real"
-Kenny Florian

Dude seems to possess the touch of death, to do what he did to Shields even in this day and age is extremely impressive. I don't think I've ever seen anyone run through Shields like that aside from Ellenberger.

He beat some guys who arent UFC caliber....meaning hes future GOAT for sure!!

He is better than I thought on first consideration, but I still dont see him as much more than say a Mike Perry type at best. In fact, that's a fight I'd fucking love to see!

He seems to have better defensive grappling than Melvin ever had.

Win or lose, I'm a fan of the guy and his KO power.

The talent in PFL is not very good. None of them could be elite fighters in the UFC.

He can wrestle. He uses it to keep swinging.

Feel asleep at 1am and didn't see 2nd fight yet. Guessing this means he won

He has a wrestling background and his father was a veteran mma fighter so he probably has all his bases covered.Seems like a solid fighter fun to watch and has a fire to him.

He beat some guys who arent UFC caliber....meaning hes future GOAT for sure!!

Expand on what UFC caliber is......this should be good.

RC3 can probably cut to 155 outside the tournament format. He fought at 155 last year.

Expand on what UFC caliber is......this should be good.
This is UFC caliber, you may not like it, you may even envy it but this is what UFC caliber looks like:

usa_today_10884201.0.jpg

I do not know man... but if he fights i am going to watch for sure....

An article title ready to criticize. Can't enjoy the unfolding story, no, not this social media universe. Instead, ready to pounce and criticize.

He had great takedowns and takedown defence in both Jake Shields fights. Definitely well rounded.

Back