Is Paul Pierce a Top 10 Celtic all time?

I'd rather be the best guy off the bench and win then be the #1 guy who misses the playoffs or gets bounced round 1.

Kyrie Irving is a better all time Celtic in 1 season than Pierce was in 15 or whatever.
giphy.gif

I'd rather be the best guy off the bench and win then be the #1 guy who misses the playoffs or gets bounced round 1.

Kyrie Irving is a better all time Celtic in 1 season than Pierce was in 15 or whatever.
giphy.gif

Just posting facts.

I too think it's hilarious people think Paul Pierce is even a hall of fame player. Wasn't even a top 10 or top 15 player in his era, let alone Celtic.
Have you seen who's in the hall of fame? They let women and refs in for fucks sake. Iol

Kinda sucks but out of this list

No Order
Bird
Cowens
Russell
Cousey
McHale
Havelick
Jones
KC Jones
Jo Jo White
Garnett
Parish
Tiny
Lewis
Allen
Pierce

I don't think he would make it.....
It's possible.
Bird, Cousy, Russell, McHale, Havelick are in automatically.
I think you can add in Pierce after them.
People like Sam Jones need to be in there as well.
Sam was quick as shit and could shoot it out with most. He also has 10 rings.

Kinda sucks but out of this list

No Order
Bird
Cowens
Russell
Cousey
McHale
Havelick
Jones
KC Jones
Jo Jo White
Garnett
Parish
Tiny
Lewis
Allen
Pierce

I don't think he would make it.....

It's pretty clear that Pierce belongs somewhere on the top 10 all-time. He was a 20/5/5 guy for two decades, and the face of the franchise for an entire generation. I would break it down as follows:

Clearly higher on the list than Pierce:
Bird
Russell

Close enough to be debatable:
Cousy
Havelick
McHale
Parish

I don't think the rest are even debatable, really. I'm no expert on basketball history, so it can be difficult to really understand the contributions of guys in the 50's-70's. And the context in which you played(era played in, teammates, etc), can obviously have a big impact on your overall legacy, but Pierce's contributions are undeniable. He clearly has a better legacy AS A CELTIC, than any other Celtic who's played since the Bird era. Being the best Celtic of the last quarter century, alone, puts him in the top 10.

He didn't do dick as a #1. In fact he failed to make the playoffs in a historically weak as fuck Eastern Conference.

He took some pretty flimsy squads pretty far a couple of times though.

I can’t remember who else was on their Eastern Conference Finals team in 2001-2002 outside of Pierce and Walker...I think they had Kenny Anderson. The east was weak, yes but they still had teams more talented then those Pierce Boston teams that would lose to them.

One year in particular a really talented Indiana Pacers 3 seed team got smoked by 6th seed Boston in the first round and Pierce demolishing prime Ron Artest was a big part of that.

I’d say Pierces situation in the early 2000’s Celtics teams were very similar to the Kevin Garnett Twolves teams.

He should’ve canceled the victory lap though lol

5oSw.gif

Last edited:
He took some pretty flimsy squads pretty far a couple of times though.

I can’t remember who else was on their Eastern Conference Finals team in 2001-2002 outside of Pierce and Walker...I think they had Kenny Anderson. The east was weak, yes but they still had teams more talented then those Pierce Boston teams that would lose to them.

One year in particular a really talented Indiana Pacers 3 seed team got smoked by 6th seed Boston in the first round and Pierce demolishing prime Ron Artest was a big part of that.

I’d say Pierces situation in the early 2000’s Celtics teams were very similar to the Kevin Garnett Twolves teams.

He should’ve canceled the victory lap though lol

5oSw.gif

That series is when we found out Jermaine O'Neal wasn't for real. Dude was such a bust.

Tiny Archibald lol. But yea hes top 3-4 imo.

i know thats a joke, but its almost the same as people trying to include KG and Ray Allen in there. they werent there nearly long enough. Antoine Walker is above those guys as pure Celtics

Back