Is Paul Pierce a Top 10 Celtic all time?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Kinda sucks but out of this list

No Order
Bird
Cowens
Russell
Cousey
McHale
Havelick
Jones
KC Jones
Jo Jo White
Garnett
Parish
Tiny
Lewis
Allen
Pierce

I don't think he would make it.....

i think he is pretty easily. allen and garnett were not there nearly long enough. lewis died too early to make it. jones, white and tiny were lesser players. i think he is in the 5-8 range

Definitely. He is at the top of almost every single Celtics record. Dude played in Boston forever, was an all star every year and won a championship with them. I was born in 88 so I have a bias, but I remember Boston being trash in the 90’s and Pierce turned that around for sure.

Easily.

I'd probably put him before Allen, Jojo White, Garnett, Tiny, and certainly KC Jones.

Honestly I think you're underrating Pierce a bit.

Ahead of Tiny Archibald? LMAO.

Ray Allen and Cowens are reaches to be on that list as is Reggie Lewis and possibly JoJo White (yes - I know he's in the HOF).

Sorely missing from that list in the OP is Dennis Johnson. DJ was very, very good to great going back to his days in Seattle. An under appreciated player.

R.I.P. DJ.

Easily one of their top five. Most of those cans played in a time when the league was awful.

15th all time scoring and you wondering if he is a top 10 Celtic??

he also has one of the best nicknames ever. Altho Larry Legend is right up there, too.

I see pieces of Pierces game in Harden. They both got that old man, change of speeds, get to their spot and drain the bucket. Not overwhelming speed or hops, just great body control, awareness and timing. Basically skill. Thats why he had longevity. Harden will, too.

Pierce is in the top half of that list. I'd have him above McHale and others besides the obvious ones. Kevin McHale was a great #2 for years. Pierce was a great #1 for even longer.

Pierce is in the top half of that list. I'd have him above McHale and others besides the obvious ones. Kevin McHale was a great #2 for years. Pierce was a great #1 for even longer.
Above McHale? i dunno about that.......

I hated the 80s Celtics with a passion but let's be serious. One is considered the best power powered of his era and part of the greatest front court, while the other guy is most remembered for being in a wheel chair.

Garnet is the greatest of the recent Celtics era. without him, that team doesn't come close to winning.

He's obviously top 10. Top 5 is debatable, though.

Bird won 3x MVPs during his peak prime

Feel free to name all the other players in NBA history who do shit like that

Of course he is, especially considering his service time and what they accomplished while on the team.

McHale is lionized by playing for the last Celtics dynasty, but he was the second best player on the team and had a significantly shorter career than Pierce, in which he played a lot less. Mchale's absolute peak is probably a bit better than Pierce's, but I'll take the guy who did it longer and could create his own offense anywhere. Hell, McHale was only a full-time starter for like 4 years.

Career averages:
McHale: 17.9, 7.3, 1.7
Pierce: 19.7, 5.6, 3.5 in 40% more games and 50% more minutes.

He didn't do dick as a #1. In fact he failed to make the playoffs in a historically weak as fuck Eastern Conference.

He didn't do dick as a #1. In fact he failed to make the playoffs in a historically weak as fuck Eastern Conference.
You know who actually didn't do dick as a #1? McHale. But then, it's hard to do #1 things coming off the bench like McHale did most of his career.

You know who actually didn't do dick as a #1? McHale. But then, it's hard to do #1 things coming off the bench like McHale did most of his career.

Oh I'm sorry, how does that change the fact Paul Pierce is a can?

Lol 'fact'.

I'd rather be the best guy off the bench and win then be the #1 guy who misses the playoffs or gets bounced round 1.

Kyrie Irving is a better all time Celtic in 1 season than Pierce was in 15 or whatever.

Back