Is Ortega more dangerous then prime Aoki?

cpirish

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I would have said no before recently, but Ortega striking seems better now, so overall I guess I'd go with Brian.

Thoughts?

What would you say prime Aoki’s best win was? Anything on par with a first round KO of Edgar?

What would you say prime Aoki’s best win was? Anything on par with a first round KO of Edgar?
I dont think I recall correctly but didnt he damn well nearly break Alvarez's leg. I think thats a great win.

Not in the pure grappling part... But his overall game is improving every fight. Better striking that sets up his slick BJJ. The kid has a bright future.

Even a prime Aoki never had a chin and would be more susceptible to being KOed, Ortega so far has a real sturdy chin and can walk though shots making him more dangerous.

In historical context: Eddie Alvarez/Kazushi Sakuraba

In time of the about: Hansen or Kawajiri.

At one point when BJ Penn was champion, Shinya Aoki actually had a better case for being ranked #1 based on recent resume even though BJ Penn would have pieced him up in an actual fight.

I would have said no before recently, but Ortega striking seems better now, so overall I guess I'd go with Brian.

Thoughts?

I would love to see the fight prime vs prime, I think Aoki beats him by top control.

define more dangerous

in striking? yeah, absolutely.

in grappling? nah, not even close IMO, and I think relatively highly of Ortega's grappling skills

I dont think I recall correctly but didnt he damn well nearly break Alvarez's leg. I think thats a great win.
I'd throw out the Hansen and Kawajiri wins too, those two are top 10-15 AT level LWs or close to it.

Come on 2009, except the new breed, or be left behind. I don't even like this steroid cheater, but he would maul Aoki.

I just felt prime Aoki more dangerous with his subs then Ortega.

Also people pls don't get used to that KO stuff from him.. the dude ain't much in terms of stand up that elbow stuff is something rare it won't happen again for him imo.

I need another win before I jump on this Ortega train I wasn't impress like most, I don't like when a fighter is losing rounds / fights and just pulls a hail mary sub and that Frankie result was really unexpected maybe age or maybe shit happens in a fight who knows.

Also people pls don't get used to that KO stuff from him.. the dude ain't much in terms of stand up that elbow stuff is something rare it won't happen again for him imo.

I need another win before I jump on this Ortega train I wasn't impress like most, I don't like when a fighter is losing rounds / fights and just pulls a hail mary sub and that Frankie result was really unexpected maybe age or maybe shit happens in a fight who knows.
Ok, lets assume, he didnt KO Frankie, who has NEVER been KO'd before. This guy is twice the size of Aoki come fight night. You really cant be this delusional, seriously?

_90848248_gettyimages-137326027.jpg

I can taste the bittnerss, jesus.

Ortega is a finisher, one of the purest finishers in MMA. Damn well nearly snapped Cubs head clean off in the first round of their fight, then finishes him the second.

He damn well took Clays guts with that devestating knee, it was 1-1 going into the third with Ortega picking it up.

Lol at not respecting his skill, lol at looking for every excuse under the sun for Frankie's loss. Kid's boxing is so much crisper and his finishing is probably the most diverse at FW and maybe the whole of the UFC.

Back