Is "open borders" a worthy long-term goal?

waiguoren

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
This has become a hot topic, particularly with the release of Hillary Clinton's leaked speech.

What do you think?

“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere.”

Last edited:
I don't think anyone in the WR supports the abolition of national borders and I don't think Hillary does either. In context it clearly sounds like a poetic flourish.

I don't think anyone in the WR supports the abolition of national borders and I don't think Hillary does either. In context it clearly sounds like a poetic flourish.

More like pandering and showing loyalty to doners, to show she is on board.

It's the international Oligarchy / globalist types that want the open borders moreso. The loyal politicians have good careers.

A poetic flourish?

Very, very long term I could see. If other countries ever actually cath up to us economically, which seems unlikely.

In the extreme long term maybe

Very, very long term I could see. If other countries ever actually cath up to us economically, which seems unlikely.
How long-term are we talking?

If by long term you mean something between 100-200 years then I'd say yes.

Open borders are great. It's working well in Germany.

yShVfJ.jpg

It's terminally stupid in our lifetimes or even the lifetime of our grandchildren.

Just look how fast things, people, and information travels now imagine far into the future when we are colonizing planets and traveling in space and teleporting and shit but we still have closed borders with 5263678 types of currency to use. Sounds stupid

It's terminally stupid in our lifetimes or even the lifetime of our grandchildren.

Nobody can predict the future, i dont think abolition of national border will happen in 20-30 years, but its quite likely it will happen in 50-70, since for the most part, in my opinion the internet and media is making people share a common cyberculture. I can only guess it will start from there.

Nobody can predict the future, i dont think abolition of national border will happen in 20-30 years, but its quite likely it will happen in 50-70, since for the most part, in my opinion the internet and media is making people share a common cyberculture. I can only guess it will start from there.
You really only have to look at the VERY uneven distribution of wealth, education and cultural values as well as the interminable (sometimes religious) problems certain regions still face to come to the conclusion that the internet is not solving this for us any time soon.

I wonder if Israel is also on the list of nations slated for open border politics.

What are the positives of this? Legit question. The only thing I see happening is the US becoming even more overpopulated and even more terrorist attacks happening?

economy of US....
economy of Canada....hmm not bad, idea doesn't sound too crazy

checks south, to virtually every single country.....hell the f no

You really only have to look at the VERY uneven distribution of wealth, education and cultural values as well as the interminable (sometimes religious) problems certain regions still face to come to the conclusion that the internet is not solving this for us any time soon.
A borderless world won't be built all at once. We'll probably keep the borders around the Near East and Sub Saharan Africa for a bit longer than the ones in Europe.

Back