Is ONE Championship coming to Australia and New Zealand?

adifighter86

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know that One Championship already conquered the Asia and surpassed the UFC in the Asian market,

But my question what will be their next destination after Asia?

Will they after Australia and New Zealand since the UFC and Bellator are not concentrated on that countries and it's near Asia?

How about the Africa?

Europe look stacked when it comes to MMA.

The Africa? Anyway, I went to a ONE event in Singapore and it was excellent. Hopefully they do some more shows abroad.

I wouldn't say they conquered Asia. For the second consecutive year, they canceled planned shows for Japan and S. Korea.

I wouldn't look for them to expand past their current power base.

Imo Australia and New Zealand always seemed a bit untapped when it goes about MMA (compared to the amount of talent there). It looks like ACB is trying to regurarly hold shows in Australia but beside them and the 2/3 UFC shows there seems to be a lot of place and potential for other big orgs.

But I think it's easier and cheaper for ONE to stay in SEA.

Btw. the only african country where MMA seems to be popular or even doable is South Africa and there you already have EFC.

Last edited:
The Africa? Anyway, I went to a ONE event in Singapore and it was excellent. Hopefully they do some more shows abroad.
But they have the upper hand when it comes to Asia compared to UFC.

If you ask ONE FC they will be coming to Aust. and New Zealand to conqueror all. It will be the biggest shows you've ever seen. Money will be invested and spent like no one has ever seen. It will be seen only on the biggest and best networks and will crush all the competition. In other words they are the Trump of the MMA world.

Reality, they got a lot work back home to worry about before ever venturing out. So I'd say the chances are slim at this point.

But they have the upper hand when it comes to Asia compared to UFC.

Yes and no, the UFC doesn't really go much out of there way to really find success on a large scale in SE Asia. It's almost like a pity show they put on when they come over. Which tells me there isn't a lot of money to be made over there in the traditional sense for them so why throw a lot of resources at it.

If they really wanted to I don't think it would hard for them to blanket SE Asia with the UFC brand. I just think they know it is't worth it based on some the ventures they've done there.

They went to the Asia and now they might go to the Africa.

Aus is pretty much Asia if u think about it. They actually made an event in the middle eastern before, I don't see y they won't eventually hold a event in aus.

If you ask ONE FC they will be coming to Aust. and New Zealand to conqueror all. It will be the biggest shows you've ever seen. Money will be invested and spent like no one has ever seen. It will be seen only on the biggest and best networks and will crush all the competition. In other words they are the Trump of the MMA world.

Reality, they got a lot work back home to worry about before ever venturing out. So I'd say the chances are slim at this point.
You forgot the last part where they quietly pull the event from the schedule and never mention it again, then they repeat the cycle the following year

I think going into Australia would be a decent idea. The Australian MMA scene doesn't get a ton of traction in North America right now.

ONE is really big in like 3 or 4 countries, they didn't dominated Asia at all

Back