is NO GI BJJ really like catch wrestling

dgold44

White Belt
Reaction score
My experience with BJJ is very limited. I am just learning some defense and escapes from some friends.

I notice that a few gyms have No-GI BJJ and GI BJJ. Sorry to turn this into a fight between the 2.

For street fighting is the no-gi BJJ far better. Also is the no-gi BJJ more like cache wrestilng and will have more dangerous leg locks.

Just wondering.

My experience with BJJ is very limited. I am just learning some defense and escapes from some friends.

So, so far on Sherdog, you have claimed to have limited BJJ experience, 1 year of BJJ experience in Chicago, 1+ years of experience in Michigan and Chicago and some limited experience in the Pacific Northwest. So are you just utterly full of shit or do different personalities have different levels of experience?

Douche.

So, so far on Sherdog, you have claimed to have limited BJJ experience, 1 year of BJJ experience in Chicago, 1+ years of experience in Michigan and Chicago and some limited experience in the Pacific Northwest. So are you just utterly full of shit or do different personalities have different levels of experience?

Douche.

Caught the troll early enough to prevent a flame war between Gi and No Gi, well done.

I live in the NW now but in years past I have lived in Chicago, DEtroit, Phoenix and few other cities.

Sorry not trying to start a war with gi vs. no gi.

Maybe I should delete this post then.

Still you have to give him points for how he managed to include the no-gi vs gi, catch wrestling, and street fighting all in the same question. The only thing missing in there was the rubber guard…

Still you have to give him points for how he managed to include the no-gi vs gi, catch wrestling, and street fighting all in the same question. The only thing missing in there was the rubber guard

I live in the NW now but in years past I have lived in Chicago, DEtroit, Phoenix and few other cities.

Sorry not trying to start a war with gi vs. no gi.

Maybe I should delete this post then.

Delete your life.

Eddie Bravo has been quoted as saying no gi bjj is really just a watered down version of catch wrestling.

Most people forget the "wrestling" part of Catch Wrestling. It is not just leg locks and neck cranks.

Back