Is Nick Diaz the most entertaining fighter in MMA history?

His career is stacked with exciting and memorable fights. But, his last few fights failed to live up to the hype, unfortunately.

The SF WWs that Nick fought were not legit.

He won the title by beating Zaromskis, who never won a SF fight. He wasn't anywhere good enough to ever be in the UFC, and shouldn't have even been fighting in SF.

He beat Noons, a much smaller, middling LW who had a losing record in SF and a losing LW record in the UFC.

He then beat Santos, who no one would ever know of if he didn't have a stupid nickname. Santos only ever won one SF fight, over Zaromskis (who couldn't beat anyone). He was never good enough for the UFC, and has a losing record in Bellator.

Then he beat Daley, who had a losing record in SF.
Zaromskis was a champion (DREAM) and Daley (also a former champion), the same guy everyone on this forum has been creaming their pants over and saying he belongs back in the UFC due to his ridiculous flying knee ko over Brennan the other day was already a hardened vet by the time he fought Diaz. Not only that, but in 55 fights, the guy has been stopped only twice by strikes and one of those was only his third year in the sport, the other was Nick. Noons and Santos are the closest dudes you can get to calling "cans" but even they have decent wins on their record and Diaz beat them at their own game. Now run along brosef. Maybe you can go on a thread about Shogun or Fedor and discount their Pride runs based on all the Jap "cans" they demolished

Nick has never beat a legit Top 10 WW in his entire career.

What 3 weight classes has he had success at?
5f67a_Picture_1_medium.png

ObedientGleefulLaughingthrush_zpsfdsecwu3.gif

diaz-gomi-no-contest-o.gif

29puj2e.gif

Nick is boring as hell. Plus I have a hard time being entertained by fighters who I know for a fact would get obliterated by me in a streetfight

Nick's fights are often entertaining, but his press conferences are always entertaining. Damn near the GOAT of press conferences though (when he does them).

Here's my favourite quote from any presser ever:

When you think of fighters, you think of Nick Diaz. He was a fighter before he was in the UFC. If one knew about his struggles and how bad of an area Stockton really is, I don't see how someone can not like hime.

Zaromskis was a champion (DREAM) and Daley (also a former champion), the same guy everyone on this forum has been creaming their pants over and saying he belongs back in the UFC due to his ridiculous flying knee ko over Brennan the other day was already a hardened vet by the time he fought Diaz. Not only that, but in 55 fights, the guy has been stopped only twice by strikes and one of those was only his third year in the sport, the other was Nick. Noons and Santos are the closest dudes you can get to calling "cans" but even they have decent wins on their record and Diaz beat them at their own game. Now run along brosef. Maybe you can go on a thread about Shogun or Fedor and discount their Pride runs based on all the Jap "cans" they demolished

Zaromskis is the definition of a can. Geez, he won a split decision over Spiritwolf. I love watching Spiritwolf fight, there is no quit in that kid, but he has no skills. Zaromskis's Dream Tourney win was against guys with similar skills.

Daley is a one dimensional guy who can't beat higher level guys. If he got back to the UFC he wouldn't be in the Top 10.

I wouldn't say he's overated, I didn't see anyone calling him the best at any weight class or whatever. But he's been a top 5 top 10 level WW for the better part of this past decade, he's fought and had success in 3 weight classes, and he's a very unique fighter who is a natural fan favorite, and he's a tough fight for any WW even today.

If Nick Diaz was coming back next month to fight Woodley or Lawler, or whoever, no one in their right mind would be counting him out.

I strongly disagree on most of what you said there friend.

When you think of fighters, you think of Nick Diaz. He was a fighter before he was in the UFC. If one knew about his struggles and how bad of an area Stockton really is, I don't see how someone can not like hime.

OOH, Nick's "struggles". Just a BS excuse for his bad behavior.

No. He can be really fun against the right opponent, but if he is outmatched he can help turn a fight boring. Stalled and turtled VS GSP instead of fighting off his back (like Condit does) and taunting aside he went full on defensive mode vs Anderson instead of attacking like he does vs lesser opponents

lol@ people still saying this shit. How many Strikeforce fighters have become UFC champs since SF went under again. There was DC, Ronda, Luke and now Woodley. Not to mention their HW division was stronger and guys like Yoel making their first splash on the intl. stage in SF (a fight he lost btw) and Jacare still has more fights under the SF banner than he does under the UFC, in which he's a top 3 dude in his division. Yep, sorry but SF was legit.

SF was absolutely legit! The guys Nick fought in SF were clearly not great fighters though. Daley was OK, but not top WWs

You're grasping at straws now, the guys a good fighter, accept it.

The guy is a 0.500 UFC fighter, much of that against smaller guys than he is. Most of his signature wins are against guys smaller than he is (Gomi, Noons, Penn).

If he wasn't a well known dope smoker nobody would give a shit about him.

I wouldn't say he's overated, I didn't see anyone calling him the best at any weight class or whatever. But he's been a top 5 top 10 level WW for the better part of this past decade, he's fought and had success in 3 weight classes, and he's a very unique fighter who is a natural fan favorite, and he's a tough fight for any WW even today.

If Nick Diaz was coming back next month to fight Woodley or Lawler, or whoever, no one in their right mind would be counting him out.

Really? Why would it be crazy to count out the guy who has lost every time he has faced a top ranked fighter that wasn't a LW?

Back