Is New Girl worth the time?

It seems that many shows recently including New Girl and Big Bang Theory are promoting the subject of Jewish conversion, Jewish weddings. I for one abhor politics and religion mixed in with comedy....I would prefer they not display any overtly religious garb (hijab) or display crosses or stars of David, it's just a reminder to me and many others of the religiously-based troubles in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world and banal TV comedy no longer provides a pleasant escape from it, but shoves it in your face.
Yes, I liked how Friends used to hint that some characters where Jewish without shoving it on your faces.

Liked the first 2 seasons then the show go stale , schmidt is the best character.

I watched it from the first episode and I liked it but I originally watched it for Damon wayons jr. He went on to stick with the show 'happy endings' which I really liked but got cancelled. I like new girl. I haven't seen season 4 or 5 due to my love of video games.
Happy endings was a funny show.

I love this show.

Schmidt and Nick are my favorites.

Some observations:

1. With each season some of the characters turned into caricatures of themselves. See Winston and Jess.
  2. Although necessary to the show (as evidenced by the few episodes Megan Fox replaced her), Jess is vital to the show.
  3. Cece is no longer hot. I couldn't put my finger on it, but if you look closely, you'll notice that she's fat now (by hollywood and Cooz standards).
5 Star show though. Makes me laugh out loud at least once per episode.
I agree. I think what happened os She stopped using the vixen personality and being less provocative we were conditioned to "sexy cece"

You shut your whore mouth. Cici is a goddess.

I will fight you for besmirching her beauty.

tumblr_n5kfsuIcJX1t6xaw9o1_250.gif
Put a dollar in the douche bag jar.

I hadn't watched it in a bit but did some of this season due to liking the Fox Tuesday lineup and it's still a fun show. Now the shitty Fox execs cancelled their best live action comedy in The Grinder (Bob's Burgers their ebst animated comedy in my opinion) and I'm pissed. They always cancel really good comedies early. i hope it goes to FXX.
The grinder had won me over recently.

Haven't watched season 5 yet, but I recommend it.

I wish Coach was still on the show.

Was going to say yes until you told this was about a tv show.

No. It's not worth your time.

I love this show.

Schmidt and Nick are my favorites.

Some observations:

1. With each season some of the characters turned into caricatures of themselves. See Winston and Jess.
  2. Although necessary to the show (as evidenced by the few episodes Megan Fox replaced her), Jess is vital to the show.
  3. Cece is no longer hot. I couldn't put my finger on it, but if you look closely, you'll notice that she's fat now (by hollywood and Cooz standards).
5 Star show though. Makes me laugh out loud at least once per episode.
I enjoyed the episodes with Megan Fox much more than the ones with Jess this season. Nick was 100% on those episodes.

Cici is absolute hot. and if she's fat by hollywood standards, thats good. So's JLaw and they both have banging bodies. I don't want a chick thats rail thin.

I didn't think I'd like this series but didn't have anything to watch one weekend killing time. I ended up smashing a whole season in a day. It has a way of getting a ton of chuckles out of me. Would recommend if you can manage to not take yourself too seriously.

Anyone catch the finale?

Man what a great, weird, hilarious show this was. Glad I gave it a chance. Winston, Nick, and Schmidt might surpass Charlie, Dennis, and Mac from always funny for me as a comedy trio. Winston and Ferguson got me every time. I will miss these characters.

Schmidts daughter was surprisingly hilarious in the new season, so it's too bad that it was so short and we don't get to see that fleshed out more.

Lots of laugh out loud moments in the show overall, and just unique weirdness that worked well. Zoey and Cece were OK too but I do think the 3 men made the show. I enjoyed almost every episode.

The first few seasons were great. The last season and this new season(they jumped ahead 3 years, always a red flag IMO) are pretty bad.

I didn't realize it was still on. I watched the first few episodes because I try to do that with every new show. I liked Zooey in other things but she wasn't very good in this.

Back