Is New Girl worth the time?

Yes. If you ignore ZDS and focus on the dudes, they carry the show. Funny, well written with good timing.

Its probably my favorite sitcom on TV currently. Jess is easily the worst part of the show. Especially noticeable in recent seasons when I am flat out bored in her scenes and the shows highpoint this season was when she was off the show.

Never seen it, but I've caught myself watching 2 broke girls for the same reason. I find Kat Dennings hot. Like stare at creepily hawt

I am annoyed by Zoey Deschanel and her bangs. Put your hair up girl

Yes i lazed through a marathon one day and it was pretty funny. I would have bet money that it was a terrible show, but it's not bad at all. Zooey is the least funny part of it.

I thought I was going to hate Schmidt after the first episode but it turns out he's the funniest one.

Nick can get a bit whiny too much.

I love this show.

Schmidt and Nick are my favorites.

Some observations:

1. With each season some of the characters turned into caricatures of themselves. See Winston and Jess.
  2. Although necessary to the show (as evidenced by the few episodes Megan Fox replaced her), Jess is vital to the show.
  3. Cece is no longer hot. I couldn't put my finger on it, but if you look closely, you'll notice that she's fat now (by hollywood and Cooz standards).
5 Star show though. Makes me laugh out loud at least once per episode.

I love this show.

Some observations:

1. With each season some of the characters turned into caricatures of themselves. See Winston and Jess.
  2. Although necessary to the show (as evidenced by the few episodes Megan Fox replaced her), Jess is vital to the show.
  3. Cece is no longer hot. I couldn't put my finger on it, but if you look closely, you'll notice that she's fat now (by hollywood and Cooz standards).

You shut your whore mouth. Cici is a goddess.

I will fight you for besmirching her beauty.

tumblr_n5kfsuIcJX1t6xaw9o1_250.gif

I love this show.

Some observations:

Fat is never a good look no matter how much pc or the left wing want to push bbw ... gym membership -------> that way

Bullshit. The last two seasons have been the best thus far. The season 4 finale is maybe the best episode of the series. Season 5 is probably my favorite season.
Maybe it rounded another corner somewhere after I stopped watching, but it was unbearable for more episodes than I cared to struggle through. Not a big fan of will they/won't they as a way of driving the plot of a sitcom. Cheap.

The proposal scene at the end of Season 4 was great. One of the few sitcoms that actually seems genuine instead of corny.
Maybe it rounded another corner somewhere after I stopped watching, but it was unbearable for more episodes than I cared to struggle through. Not a big fan of will they/won't they as a way of driving the plot of a sitcom. Cheap.

Who are you talking about in regards to will they wont they? Because nick and jess haven't done that for two seasons.

I hadn't watched it in a bit but did some of this season due to liking the Fox Tuesday lineup and it's still a fun show. Now the shitty Fox execs cancelled their best live action comedy in The Grinder (Bob's Burgers their ebst animated comedy in my opinion) and I'm pissed. They always cancel really good comedies early. i hope it goes to FXX.

i had never watched it for the first 3 seasons because i thought it was a chick show (only my female friends talked about it).

then i gave it a chance on netflix and i was like holy shit, this show is hysterical. nick miller is like my god damn hero.

It seems that many shows recently including New Girl and Big Bang Theory are promoting the subject of Jewish conversion, Jewish weddings. I for one abhor politics and religion mixed in with comedy....I would prefer they not display any overtly religious garb (hijab) or display crosses or stars of David, it's just a reminder to me and many others of the religiously-based troubles in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world and banal TV comedy no longer provides a pleasant escape from it, but shoves it in your face.

Back