Is Myprotein.com legit?

I use their Impact Whey Isolate. It tastes like shit but is nice apart from that (Vanilla flavor). I loved the ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein taste but since I prefer to get all my supplements at the same time and place...

The reason they are so cheap is because they purchase the protein and other supplements from mass manufacturers in China using Alibaba/Aliexpress. Purchasing from these suppliers is ultra cheap especially when you ship by boat it cuts your costs by more than half so then they take these powders and repackage them with a nice design to make it look fancy and all that and sell it on their page. I work with alibaba all the time because of my job so that's why I know about this.

The reason they are so cheap is because they purchase the protein and other supplements from mass manufacturers in China using Alibaba/Aliexpress. Purchasing from these suppliers is ultra cheap especially when you ship by boat it cuts your costs by more than half so then they take these powders and repackage them with a nice design to make it look fancy and all that and sell it on their page. I work with alibaba all the time because of my job so that's why I know about this.

Cost cutting aside, I'm guessing maybe the quality of protein from China isn't the greatest?

Most supplements are made in china anyway no?

What would "quality mean" in this case?

Could mean a few different things
- I would imagine a healthier cow would produce better milk, leading to a better protein powder. For example, a pasture raised cow allowed to feed on it's natural diet of grass as opposed to cows raised in factory farms and fed mostly grains.
- Some companies use lower temperatures to process the whey to try and preserve the immunoglobulins, etc. as opposed to other companies who use spray drying at much higher temperatures.
- Some sell protein with whey being the only ingredient whereas other brands may have unnecessary additives and fillers.

Could mean a few different things
- I would imagine a healthier cow would produce better milk, leading to a better protein powder. For example, a pasture raised cow allowed to feed on it's natural diet of grass as opposed to cows raised in factory farms and fed mostly grains.
- Some companies use lower temperatures to process the whey to try and preserve the immunoglobulins, etc. as opposed to other companies who use spray drying at much higher temperatures.
- Some sell protein with whey being the only ingredient whereas other brands may have unnecessary additives and fillers.

I'd agree with most of that. However what better means for the protein is hard to say.

The overwhelming benefit of whey is that it's a source of protein covering the main amino acids. In that respect the test certificates MP have show it's the same as any other whey which makes sense. They also claim not to add fillers or animo acid bulking tactics. So in terms of the main function we want it for, my guess is that it's as good as any other at any practical level.

If people want to get organic, grass fed etc then they'd need to look for other brands but I'd be willing to bet that they won't get bigger muscles from that decision.

I'd agree with most of that. However what better means for the protein is hard to say.

The overwhelming benefit of whey is that it's a source of protein covering the main amino acids. In that respect the test certificates MP have show it's the same as any other whey which makes sense. They also claim not to add fillers or animo acid bulking tactics. So in terms of the main function we want it for, my guess is that it's as good as any other at any practical level.

If people want to get organic, grass fed etc then they'd need to look for other brands but I'd be willing to bet that they won't get bigger muscles from that decision.

I agree on that. Same with whey concentrate vs. whey isolate, the difference is not enough for one to cause better muscle growth. If anything, one would go for the grass fed for the health benefits rather than any muscle building benefits.

How about their Isolate? That's still looking like a good deal if it's legit
They all have Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk) (96%), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Flavoring, Sweetener (Sucralose) both lecithin and Sucralose (splenda) have side effects. Some of there flavored protein add more chemicals

What about whey from New Zealand? Is it still processed in China? I know that a lot of supplements are made in China. I think Creapur was a name brand for creating made in Germany. I remember proteinfactory used to claim they were the source for many whey brands and they offered direct sales and the whey was shipped to you in thick plastic bags. True Nutrition claims they don't focus on marketing and can then pass the cost savings to the consumers.

True Nutrition claims they don't focus on marketing and can then pass the cost savings to the consumers.

THATS what I call good marketing!

but hey you all... myprotein is on top of the list on labdoor.com

this does not mean it is good quality?

so, how do you choose what brand you guys buy? i used to think labdoor was reliable.

i know, you must read the label, aminogram etc... (we are talking whey and aminos here, right?) But labdoor is supposed to verify if all the information is true and what is really inside the package.

so, how do you choose what brand you guys buy? i used to think labdoor was reliable.

i know, you must read the label, aminogram etc... (we are talking whey and aminos here, right?) But labdoor is supposed to verify if all the information is true and what is really inside the package.

Labdoor is reliable. I've used them quite a bit over the years.

Totally, bruh. Tuna and chicken is a scam too!!!111
well first of all you don't need that much protein like they say you do and also you should be getting it from REAL FOOD god damn it.

It's just a waste of money that makes little difference if you eat/ train/ sleep correctly

Been buying from them for a while now and they seem way too good to be true in terms of pricing and discounts compared to other brands, like suspiciously so. Anyone know something I don't about them?

Ingredients can be on the cheap side, so they arent at the top of the quality range, but they are reliable

A lot of their products are accredited by informed-choice/informed-sport which means they are put through independant testing to ensure no contamination of ped's etc. Also every test ive seen on their stuff shows ingredients do match the labels (even if its not top quality ingredients)

So cheap and cheerful, like a walmart of supplements, but reliable in that you dont need to worry about them putting in shit that shouldnt be there like sarms and old eastern block steroids, whats on the label matches whats in the bottle, and they have a whole "informed" range that is tested for contamination/peds and guaranteed safe to use.

labdoors primary criteria is does the ingredients panel match whats in the bottle. then they go quality etc after that. but yeh, myprotien rank pretty highly

for me thats one of the key things. if all ingredients panels are reliable then you can make informed decisions about supplements, but most ingredients panels are utter bullshit.

You're missing out bud
My routine used to be. Hit the gym in am. Fill protein shaker with water, shake while i walked to my car and drink the protein when i drove home.

My friend gave me some protein he didnt want. So first time using it. Followed my routine. As i am driving i opened the lid and take a sip. A huge mound of unmixed protein the size of my mouth shoots to the back of my throat and chokes the shit out of me. Thank god it was early and there werent many cars on the road. Swerved to pull over, opened door and began to puke everything out as i gasped for breath.

Since then i have sworn off chalk.

They are famous for their cheap "Impact Whey Protein" which is protein from cheese, not milk, not good. They also use soy lecithin (and probably gmo) on almost everything (like many companies though) as emulsifier.

Any recommendations? Currently on 'Reflex Instant Whey Pro' which uses soy lecithin.

Any recommendations? Currently on 'Reflex Instant Whey Pro' which uses soy lecithin.
Honestly, I don't use whey currently, I just make sure I eat protein sources 3 times a day + one bcaa/glutamine (tropical flavour from MyProtein) shake post training.

I try to combine the sources (brown rice+lentils or other veggies+chicken or another meat or fish like tuna, mackerel etc., and also oats, soy milk, and a lot of green tea, matcha or ryokucha especially (one bow after breakfast, and one in the afternoon at 3 or 4 PM)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back