Is mousasi vs mcdonald a turning point in mma history?

I think it is a turning point for UFC & Bellator.
Bellator is indeed doing a good job of getting talent from the UFC while the UFC seems to not care...
But I feel that UFC will start feeling the heat and learn they can't continue allowing this trend to go on much longer or soon Bellator will be equal in talent and more willing to treat the fighter as they should be treated....
interesting times indeed.

Yea but will saw a similar trend with Strikeforce and then they went out of business.

Yea but will saw a similar trend with Strikeforce and then they went out of business.
Agree, but Bellator has (way) deeper pockets, and is less aggressive. IMO they are doing things right.

It's Bellator's Shields-Henderson, only not as big of a deal
This is just plain dumb.Sheilds was never elite (and throws a punch like a " xx"- lol) even though he was successful in trying to impregnate Dan.
This is a true superfight fight with 2 top 3 fighters at their weight classes at the present and in their prime.

This is just plain dumb.Sheilds was never elite (and throws a punch like a " xx"- lol) even though he was successful in trying to impregnate Dan.
This is a true superfight fight with 2 top 3 fighters at their weight classes at the present and in their prime.

Wait, how is Shields not elite while Rory is? Rory did well in the UFC, but had 4 losses and never won a title. And before you say "He beat Woodley!" guess what? So did Shields. Rory JUST won the Bellator belt (using same LnP that Jake did vs. Hendo) and hasn't defended his title. However, Shields:
  • Was on a 13-fight win streak going into the Hendo fight
  • Won Rumble on the Rock WW tournament
  • Won EliteXC WW belt (one defense before vacating)
  • Won SF MW belt (Hendo was first defense)
He beat the following fighters (and many more) before facing Hendo:
  • Lawler (who has 2 wins over Rory)
  • Carlos Condit (also has a win over Rory)
  • Okami
  • Paul Daley
  • Mayhem (when he was a good fighter)
I realize I'm dealing with a Mousasi fanboy (not the most rational group on Sherdog), but still....this is beyond irrational.

Last edited:
Wait, how is Shields not elite while Rory is? Rory did well in the UFC, but had 4 losses and never won a title. And before you say "He beat Woodley!" guess what? So did Shields. Rory JUST won the Bellator belt (using same LnP that Jake did vs. Hendo) and hasn't defended his title. However, Shields:
  • Was on a 13-fight win streak going into the Hendo fight
  • Won Rumble on the Rock WW tournament
  • Won EliteXC WW belt (one defense before vacating)
  • Won SF MW belt (Hendo was first defense)
He beat the following fighters (and many more) before facing Hendo:
  • Lawler (who has 2 wins over Rory)
  • Carlos Condit (also has a win over Rory)
  • Okami
  • Paul Daley
  • Mayhem (when he was a good fighter)
I realize I'm dealing with a Mousasi fanboy (not the most rational group on Sherdog), but still....this is beyond irrational.
#1 rule- when you throw a punch like a girl (and I do mean that literally), LMAO- you ARE NOT ELITE.He might be an elite bjj practitioner....that I'll give him but I can say that about a handful(you really have no clue of what youre saying)

#2- I am no " boy"....i am a Mousasi supporter and, yes , a fairly big one at that.
I'm married with 2 little bits and pushing 40 so don't call me boy in any way.

#3 you're a Mousasi detractor and have so much time vested in it, you actually cant see what this guy has done and has evolved to the point where he's at.
But that's ok cause I couldn't give half a fuck.

Jake Shields, lmao.

#1 rule- when you throw a punch like a girl (and I do mean that literally), LMAO- you ARE NOT ELITE.He might be an elite bjj practitioner....that I'll give him but I can say that about a handful(you really have no clue of what youre saying)

#2- I am no " boy"....i am a Mousasi supporter and, yes , a fairly big one at that.
I'm married with 2 little bits and pushing 40 so don't call me boy in any way.

#3 you're a Mousasi detractor and have so much time vested in it, you actually cant see what this guy has done and has evolved to the point where he's at.
But that's ok cause I couldn't give half a fuck.

Jake Shields, lmao.

1. I provided data and reasonable arguments. You have nothing in return but "pillow fists"? That can be said of many successful fighters. Bottom line: Jake did more to be called elite than Rory has at this point. And for the record, I'm not a Jake fanatic or a Rory hater.
  2. "Fanboy" is slang term. As far as I'm concerned, "man" and "boy" are determined as much by how you act and your mental state as your age and size. I'm a little bit older than you, for the record.
  3. I'm not sure why you have such a man crush on Mousasi, but he's further from a MW GOAT than Jake was from a WW GOAT.

1. I provided data and reasonable arguments. You have nothing in return but "pillow fists"? That can be said of many successful fighters. Bottom line: Jake did more to be called elite than Rory has at this point. And for the record, I'm not a Jake fanatic or a Rory hater.
  2. "Fanboy" is slang term. As far as I'm concerned, "man" and "boy" are determined as much by how you act and your mental state as your age and size. I'm a little bit older than you, for the record.
  3. I'm not sure why you have such a man crush on Mousasi, but he's further from a MW GOAT than Jake was from a WW GOAT.
I know what is but still don't like being called it...and you're not to bright to the MMA game if you think Jake is even a sniff from Mousasi (I don't want to insult you but this is downright hysterical with jakes 10-11 losses and his MANY uneventful fights- ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? As far as Rory goes, I consider him elite and shields not.....and he's actually got a shot in this fight if Mousasi comes in mentally overconfident (his biggest shortcoming when it comes to this game.....sometimes he just comes in "off"- can't explain it)
Been watching for almost 20 years (and it sounds like you the same) but , I apologize in advance, your acumen to this great sport falls short of mine ....and probably by a distance (sorry, it is what it is)...
Btw, of Gegard's 44-5 record over 15 years and in his prime now- 36 1st round stoppages.This is what we call an elite fighter (not to mention his 8-0 kboxing record)...

Shields is what 33-10,11 with ,yes, some notable wins but plenty of losses when it counted and an amount of pm- aspirin put me to sleep decisions.
Jake is what we called a very good/ good fighter......... too many with the same label.

Moose is very entertaining in and out of the cage. Rory just inside but the most important place.

No more a turning point when Bellator had Cormier, Barnett, Bigfoot, Overeem, Werdum and Emelianenko fighting each other in the heavyweight tournament.

A turning point for Bellator will be when they steal a Conor McGregor, Brock Lesner, GSP, Jon Jones, or another major star like that.

Rory and Moose just aren't big enough names.

Tito vs. Frank Shamrock
Royce vs. Sakuraba
Fedor vs. Cro-Cop
Rory vs. Moose

The last in a long line of legendary fights is imminent.

Strikeforce and other places once in a while have had 2 top guys fight. Dont bring PRIDE into it. Coker draws inspiration from PRIDE FC just take it for what it is and roll with that.

Moose might beat the shit out of Rory to be honest. Rory hasn't fought a striker at that high level before. And Moose is no slouch always stays active if taken down.

Back