Is Mike Perry knocking people out in the name of Jesus?

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I knew the guy had been generating some buzz on Sherdog. If I had to guess, I'd say Sherdog's main demographic is composed of smug atheists raised in sheltered homes. So I was pretty surprised that Mike Perry thanked Our Lord and Savior Jesus in his last fight.

Mike is not even part brazillian so i don't buy it

Smug atheists raised in sheltered homes? I imagined the majority of Sherdog grew up poor to middle-class with families that didn't really love them.

He's knocking out people for the nation.

"I'd like to thank my lord & savior for assisting me in KOing my opponent into a mini-seizure."

20170422073407_CEFc5EWAAE70Zp.JPG

How can anyone who watches combat sports, or any sports for that matter, be surprised when an athlete thanks their god? Outside of "my coaches", god is the most thanked thing in the UFC.

And I'm a smug atheist who was raised in a sheltered Cathlolic home, thank you very much.

McGregor brought thousands of 12-15yo smug atheists raised in sheltered homes to Sherdog

I rarely see McGregor fans on here unless they are the few key shtick accounts that try to annoy everyone. Conor's fans are mostly casuals that flood Youtube, Instagram etc. I don't think most McGregor fans have the mental capacity to contemplate something like the meaning of ones existence, religion and atheism.

How can anyone who watches combat sports, or any sports for that matter, be surprised when an athlete thanks their god? Outside of "my coaches", god is the most thanked thing in the UFC.

And I'm a smug atheist who was raised in a sheltered Cathlolic home, thank you very much.

Sure, but fighters who are open about their love for Jesus are usually chastised on Sherdog and Perry was embraced here.

Mike Perry is Blessed by God, you can tell by his KO Skills.

#GodBlessPlatinum

My favorite Jesus story is where he turns knockouts into break dancing, and feeds the nation.

Sort of like thanking the devil for a holy miracle. Confusion.... goes a long way.

Mike Perry puts the fear of God in people. All the platinum nation atheists have converted to theists just to support Mike Perry.

Religions (all of them) are nonsense, atheism is equally nonsensical when you really think about it.

Back