Is Mike Perry going to be heralded as the new "Youthful One"

LyotoMacheetah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All I see are "He's only 26! He has so much potential!" as excuses for his loss.

Even though all he did was just throw overhand rights and haymakers the entire fight. Yeah. Lots of potential.

Perry wins that fight easily if Pokezinio doesnt cheat, he won first round and dominated fight until Ponzi eye gouged him. He is not a prospect he is a contender, too bad the refs suck

He is only 26 but he took a lot of damage last night.

There was an even better WW prospect that fought last night. He lost but he showed a ton of potential and is only 19! He was this young tattooed Brazilian kid...I forget his name but he looks like he could be champ in a few years.

You are going to be making threads about him for the rest of your life.

588jgoW.png

Platinum Mike Perry is the future. When Ponzi was 26 he was 0-1 in the UFC... just saying

No Erick can still prove himself. Young guy with a lot of time to improve

Perry Will be release from the UFC before he hit 30

actually as bad as perry looked to the casuals, i thought he had excellent head movement and boxing in general. He had eyepokerman in at least three positions where a fresh, non-shit-cardio Perry would have taken his head off. I don't know why he seemingly gassed so quickly but the eye pokes certainly didn't help. It's prob how santiago was able to land that obvious spinning attack in the third which pretty much sealed the deal for him

It was still a good fight though. Not much shame in taking a loss in this way--decisions just mean neither fighter was bitch-ass enough to quit within 15 or 25 minutes; doesn't mean either of them REALLY lost, tbh

War Perry still undefeated

Platinum Mike Perry is the future. When Ponzi was 26 he was 0-1 in the UFC... just saying

i read the post he made after the fight, he didn't make any excuses, said he needs to work on his cardio. Which is good, at least he knows he needs to work on something.

But he'll need to leave Orlando area and go to a real gym with some high level coach's and training partners if he ever wants to achieve greatness in the sport. You can be 30-3 vs lower level fighters in your career but if you're 0-8 vs top ranked fighters (and honestly, I don't think Ponzi is elite yet himself, he has much work to do) then you're never going to be considered great. You won't ever be champ.

Hopefully he'll come back and be better but, neither fighter looked great yesterday. Both showed some things that they do well, and other things they do not do well at all. Gonna take a lot of work for him to be the "future" when guys like RDA and Woodley fight in his division

He was considered "god" around here.

He has to have at least 15 fights (7 wins, 8 losses), 33 years of age and a Brazilian to be considered a young hot prospect.

Perry Will be release from the UFC before he hit 30

nah, probably not. They've kept other fighters for longer who are way more boring than him. I respect that he comes looking to finish fights, even if its not pretty. Even if he isn't the best in the world, sometimes, a good scrap is needed on a card.

lol @ people blaming the eye poke on the loss. Ya'll are some salty bastards who will just latch onto anything, won't you?

All I see are "He's only 26! He has so much potential!" as excuses for his loss.

Even though all he did was just throw overhand rights and haymakers the entire fight. Yeah. Lots of potential.
plat-poked-by-ponzi-2-jpg.313735

Jon Jones was champ at 23, so all that "he is only 25" excuse for other fighters just shows how next level Jon Jones is.

Back