Is Michael Bisping the worst UFC Champion ever ?

Is Michael Bisping the worst UFC Champion in recent history ?

• Total voters
No he was paid already. Thats what he earned. All 27 fights. As a champ you earn PPV, out of UFC income, fame etc and it's your duty to fight top contenders as part of the deal.

Not fight unranked fighters.

Thats some entitlement BS right there that wrecks sport

You would be a shitty boss / company owner but your company would run.

While I may not agree with his choice of opponents, to be fair... Bisping actually did put his belt on the line once so far.

Despite having had multiple opportunities to do so, Conor has never defended any title ever. Ducking whole divisions and a sport entirely, is worse than simply ducking the elite contenders.

Bisping is a great fighter with a multitude of skills, he grew up in the UFC and I never liked him because he is a total asshole. The worst champ? Probably one of the most unlikely, but not the worst. Holly Holm IMO is the worst in recent history. Knock Ronda out and then lose her next 3 fights? The fuck is with that? Matt Serra had no business being the champ. Tim Sylvia fucking sucked. You know what, he was the worst. Plus he shat himself in the Octagon, took a picture of himself on a scooter with the belt on. Use to wear the belt to UFC events when he was cornering. I'd go with Sylvia.

Bisping reigns supreme. You were wrong about him at least 3 times in a row and now you are salty. Salty mcsalty pants. Rockhold represents you.

Blows my mind how Rockhold never got an immediate title rematch. He took him on short notice, should have a chance to have a full camp for Bisping.

That being said, Mike won fair and square.

He didn't deserve an immediate title rematch. He was champion for like 6 months, with 0 successful defenses. If Aldo didn't get an immediate rematch after 7 years of defenses, no one should.

While I may not agree with his choice of opponents, to be fair... Bisping actually did put his belt on the line once so far.

Despite having had multiple opportunities to do so, Conor has never defended any title ever. Ducking whole divisions and a sport entirely, is worse than simply ducking the elite contenders.

Fighting unranked opponents and shamelessly ducking all top guys is worse than challenging the reigning champ of a heavier division, right after taking out the current champ of yours?

I don't think so.

Conor is a warrior, Bisping is a disgrace.

They're not even comparable.

He didn't deserve an immediate title rematch. He was champion for like 6 months, with 0 successful defenses. If Aldo didn't get an immediate rematch after 7 years of defenses, no one should.

Aldo didnt face McGregor on short notice. He trained specifically for Conor for months and months and still got finished inside the first few moments.

Fighting unranked opponents and shamelessly ducking all top guys is worse than challenging the reigning champ of a heavier division, right after taking out the current champ of yours?

I don't think so.

Bullshit. Conor hasn't just ducked the top FW and LW contenders. He's ducked every single one of them. In both organizations. If he had any fucking balls at all he'd defend his title. He deliberately goes out of his way to avoid risky fights and his fanboys just live in denial while drinking the Conor Kool-Aid.

Did you cry too when he had his FW title stripped?

Until he sacks up and defends, he'll be considered a coward and never a candidate for GOAT status.

Yup. Only Bisping can lose to old man Hendo and Silva and still be called champion.

Aldo didnt face McGregor on short notice. He trained specifically for Conor for months and months and still got finished inside the first few moments.

Luke signed the dotted line and stepped in the cage. After that there are no excuses. He obviously thought he could win, but he didn't. And what's worse is he got knocked out by a guy who isn't known for being a single shot finisher, and whom he had already beaten before.

Like I said, if Aldo didn't get an immediate rematch after how long he was champion(9 consecutive defenses), then nobody should.

No he was paid already. Thats what he earned. All 27 fights. As a champ you earn PPV, out of UFC income, fame etc and it's your duty to fight top contenders as part of the deal.

Not fight unranked fighters.

Thats some entitlement BS right there that wrecks sport

Pretty sure the UFC pays his salary, and they are totally okay with him fighting GSP and Hendo. LOL @ duty

Bisping's resume as a champion includes:

- Winning the championship by some voodoo black magic fuckery. At best, he won with a random flash KO.

- Lobbies hard for a fight against an over the hill Dan Henderson, because fuck the middleweight division.

- Hendo beats the ever-living fuck out of Bisping, but per the unified MMA rules, Bisbing wins.

- Bisping actively ducks the OG's of the MW division : Gay Jesus, Christopher Weiner, Luke Rockhard, Jacaré "Ronaldo" Souza, etc. until further notice.

- He wants no part of these fighters.

- It's not like the ducking is implied. It's fucking blatant.

- Actively lobbies for a fight against a retired champion of a lower weightclass.

- Fight makes a lot of sense financially, so the WME-IMG naturally books the fight because fuck the sport of MMA.

- Bisping agrees : Fuck the sport of MMA.

- Said retired fighter of the lower weightclass needs the entire fucking year to get ready for the fight.

- No pressure for Bisping though. With a straight face, he ducks the OG's of the division once again and will wait the entire fucking year for the former champion of the lower weightclass rather than fight the rightful #1 contender in July.

- Why ?

- Because fuck the sport of MMA.

I would vote woodley or Alvarez. Woodley and alveraz both lose to fighters outside The top 5. Bisping doesnt

Bisping's resume as a champion includes:

- Winning the championship by some voodoo black magic fuckery. At best, he won with a random flash KO.

- Lobbies hard for a fight against an over the hill Dan Henderson, because fuck the middleweight division.

- Hendo beats the ever-living fuck out of Bisping, but per the unified MMA rules, Bisbing wins.

- Bisping actively ducks the OG's of the MW division : Gay Jesus, Christopher Weiner, Luke Rockhard, Jacaré "Ronaldo" Souza, etc. until further notice.

- He wants no part of these fighters.

- It's not like the ducking is implied. It's fucking blatant.

- Actively lobbies for a fight against a retired champion of a lower weightclass.

- Fight makes a lot of sense financially, so the WME-IMG naturally books the fight because fuck the sport of MMA.

- Bisping agrees : Fuck the sport of MMA.

- Said retired fighter of the lower weightclass needs the entire fucking year to get ready for the fight.

- No pressure for Bisping though. With a straight face, he ducks the OG's of the division once again and will wait the entire fucking year for the former champion of the lower weightclass rather than fight the rightful #1 contender in July.

- Why ?

- Because fuck the sport of MMA.
Yep sounds like you covered everything. Title is held hostage for a ridiculous money fight till fucking November.
And it's very possible, GSP has no interest in facing the top contenders, and does something else.
And bisbing might say fuck it and retire if he wins.

Make Yoel, vs Whittaker, for the real strap.

I don't think so.

He fought Nate Diaz twice in non-title fights while being champion at FW. You're argument is invalid.

Colin McGlassJawPanicWrassler got the vote by a mile.

Lol, Conor may not defend but we know he belongs as a Champion.

Bisping was clearly just dumb luck.
Yes when he won. But right now no we don't, TF has been waiting.
And I believe there's a big question if he ever comes back.

He should have fought Jacare. He probably would have beaten the brakes off him like Robert did.

You'd do the same if you thought you had the opportunity he might have.

Bisping hasn't defended against a top ten ranked contender but at least he has put his belt on the line.

McG has now had a belt around his waist for a year and a half, been uninjured, and still has yet to make even one defense. He was even stripped of a belt that he wouldn't defend. He is the worst champion.

Germaine De randamie is the worst UFC champ in recent history imo
The wierd with Bisping to me is, I always saw him as a elite gatekeeper and now he is suddenly the champ of the division. I know people can change their carreer & life around but I still find it hard to grasp if I am honest.
And I don't mean no disrespect to Bisping but come on...
I don't see him defending his title more than 5 times imo.

Back