Is Michael B Jordan's performance in Black Panther overrated?

It was a decent movie and his performance was acceptable. There was nothing special about it.

No best performance ever. Black lives matter. Stay woke.

It's a Marvel movie.... What are you expecting? DDL as Lincoln?

I wasnt expecting anything, which is pretty much what I got.

I didn't hear the hype behind his acting until after I saw the film, so I didnt go in expecting a great performance.

Also I don't expect a DDL performance in an actual Oscar worthy film, let alone a superhero film. Not to say there arent performances in MCU films that really stand out.

I enjoyed BP it was a great addition to the MCU and BP the character is just fantastic on screen and in the comic books.

I still rank it lower than Marvels Spider-Man homecoming and Thor Ragnarok.

his best acting to me, has been in Friday Night LIghts the TV series

Yeah i thought it was a serviceable performance. Nothing great though.

You're talking about a movie and how much people shouldn't talk about it? That's what's happening?

That and he also was too explosive
giphy.gif

He was the best part of the movie, but it became iconic because of broad overall appeal combined with deep demographic appeal. Marvel has had a strong run of villains in recent movies, it elevates tired or repetitive characters to have them face different types of enemies. This was definitely a case of the bad guy carrying the movie, so it’s hard to get on him about being overrated, since he earned some mass appeal, much more than the rest of the cast.

Yeah but I'm saying that's because of the writing not because of MBJ.

I agree with you t.s. A combination of his poorly written dialogue and the way he delivered it combined for a legitimately bad performance.

His performance in everything is overrated. I don’t know what it is about him, but I just cannot stand him. He’s so corny.

He was actually alright in the wire.

Met many mercenaries?

Yeah, the one in your av.

He is straight up bad in the movie. But the writing in Black Panther is so cringy he's far from the only actor bombing. The guy playing Black Panther is okay, the rest of the cast (yes, including Serkis and Freeman) comes across as a bunch of retards.

God, I hated that movie.

I made a thread when the movie was released asking why his character was so highly rated. I shit you not, I saw a few articles proclaiming him to be the best villain since TDK's Joker. Everything about the character and performance just seemed so.... generic and forgettable.

If he had died after fiming, he might have won an Oscar!

giphy.gif

The race baiting over this seems ironic because the one thing he absolutely nails in the performance is being so uncomfortably foreign to the culture despite being Wakandan. His portrayal should be respected for playing with stereotypes so effectively. He played it just a hair immature for me but a very good effort.

Back