Is MGinAction worth the money? and any good?

Is it better than the rest of online database?

(1) "Worth it" is relative. Will you use it? Will $25 a month be onerous to you?

(2) Better is again, relative. If you play a Marcelo style game, or are interested in doing so, then it's great. If you want to Berimbolo all day, less so. It will also depend on how much you like Marcelo as a teacher. While I personally think he is a good teacher, he definitely tends toward "the keep it simple" style.

(3) It does have superior functionality to most of the other sites, in term of being able to make playlists, favorite things, cross reference, etc. It is exhaustively tagged and set up so you can watch a lesson, see related videos, and watch him hit in sparring.

(4) It has the largest video library by far, although, for example, the Mendes Bros site now has a library large enough that you could spend years studying it. He has way more sparring videos than any of the competitors, though.

Is it better than the rest of online database?

It's 100% worth the money, and it's awesome! It's by far the best organized site (along with EstimaInAction, which is ran by the same team) and you've got 6 years of daily updated content on there (minus Sundays.) There are thousands of videos, easy to find, and the InAction queue feature is really awesome. Great lessons, great discussions, rolling sessions, gi, nogi, it has it all. If you're interested in a more "modern jiu-jitsu" style, you might enjoy the Mendes bros website, or if you want a site with the most variety between new school/old school, and everything in between, Estima In Action is definitely the most versatile site. It's less than a year old, but still has the same daily updates that MGinaction has, and the gi/nogi mix. They may even have a deal where you can use both sites at a discount.

If you're interested in Marcelo's game at all, it's worth using for at least a while. The one thing that may or may not be a downside is that Marcelo doesn't frequently teach a lot of things that he doesn't personally use very much, although many instructors are that way. All in all it's probably the best online training resource overall when you take all things into account.

If you are going to actively use it then it is for sure worth it. I used Gracie University for a long time and switched to MGinaction (overall best site) and Grapplers Guide (Most bang for Your money)

I don't think I'll ever go back

just checked MGI database base and there was no technique video for almost a half year. so they uploading only rolling videos now?

^ Are you referring to MGinaction? They have plenty of new instructional videos- go to the advanced section- yesterday, 2 days ago, 3 days ago, etc.

sign up if like Marcelo's game.. if not there are others who have different styles.. such as Mendes Brothers who also has a great online instructional.

As others have said, it really depends on how much you like Marcelo's game. I will say that his instruction is not the best from a verbal standpoint, that is I feel there are a lot of details that he doesn't necessarily mention in the videos and the content is also very repetitious. I think the Mendes Bros have a teaching style that lends itself better to video than Marcelo does, for instance. But it is a great resource for his game, and if you're advanced enough to break down footage yourself the rolling is priceless. When I've used it I've mostly watched the 'in action' pieces of him doing, say, a guillotine hundreds of times in rolls and broken down what we has doing. That's really valuable IMO.

Back