Is McGregor still movitated to compete with top UFC guys?

Reaction score
He is a gilding. He has made his money. Cashing out.

I actually liked Conor, alot, when he was on his way up talking shit and still striving to be great. I am unsure if he wants to deal with the UFC Lighweight division. He will be afraid to lose.

If he has some pride he will fight again in the ufc.
Boxing is ok, but mma is the ultimate fighting scene.

If not, he can be motivated by money. Either way, he will go back to fighting the top guys

It at least seems like he's the sort of person who needs someplace to climb to for motivation. He moved on before defending European belts, moved on before defendingFW, then moved on before defending LW. He could very well lose defending any of his belts, so he's not going to and would rather take bigger opportunities while he can.

he is legacy cognizant unlike any other fighter.

this makes him dangerous. look at how he feigned retirement to gain extra months to train for Diaz, to regain legacy points.

IF he fights again... IF... then he will be very dangerous.

It will be hard for McGregor to come back if the Mayweather fight actually happens, and he gets his cheque.

Why would you train wrestling, BJJ and all that other stuff, just to get paid 10X less money?

Conor is going to bring A LOT of sponsors within into the ring. That is ALL his money. Once he gets a taste of that, it won't make sense to get Reebok peanuts.

If Conor gets paid what people think he will get for Mayweather, he will be STUPID to return to the UFC for a U$3M guarantee and no sponsorship money.

I wouldn't do it.

Last edited:
No hes gonna sit at home and do nothing. Seems like him right?

He cant fight anywhere til his UFC contract is up. If he beats Floyd its onto boxing after the remaining UFC fights. If he loses to Floyd (almist inevitable) he will remain fighting probably until hes 30.

McGregor isn't fighting MMA anymore, and outside of some fluke that would earn him a rematch, he isn't going to box again after Floyd.

It will be back for McGregor to come back if the Mayweather fight actually happens, and he gets his cheque.

Why would you train wrestling, BJJ and all that other stuff, just to get paid 10X less money?

Conor is going to bring A LOT of sponsors within into the ring. That is ALL his money. Once he gets a taste of that, it won't make sense to get Reebok peanuts.

Most UFC fighters view it as getting the Reebok penis.

Conor is still motivated to compete but he doesn't take fights when he's the man with something to lose, calling it now he will only fight for the WW belt and the UFC will gladly give him his instant title shot.

When he loses badly to Floyd, and then loses just once more in the UFC, his paycheck will drop by 50%. If he loses twice, it'll drop by 75%. He will drop back to 145 in a desperate attempt to
'rematch' Aldo, or he will retire.

The self promotional trash talking schtick only pays out if you keep winning. Chael found that out the hard way.

This just can't be answered until he fights mayweather.

Conor will never defend a belt. If he comes back he's fighting GSP for the WW title.

If Conor makes $100 million from the Floyd and makes some smart investments, it could grow 3%-5% per year.

So every year, he would make $3 to $5 million without ever working again.
I doubt most UFC fighters make anywhere near that amount in annual income.

If I were Conor, I'd fight as many boxing matches as I could (as long as the paycheck was big enough).

He is a gilding. He has made his money. Cashing out.

I actually liked Conor, alot, when he was on his way up talking shit and still striving to be great. I am unsure if he wants to deal with the UFC Lighweight division. He will be afraid to lose.
Why would he put his body and brain through the rigors of a title fight when he has all the money he needs. He only did mma to become rich and provide for his girlfriend(who doesn't like seeing him fight and his newborn son

GSP, Anderson, Fedor all trying to fight in their late 30s, early 40s

Who cares about trying being the GOAT or title defenses when you feel like you need to give yourself brain trauma at that age

The guy is going to make his millions off of Mayweather then return and finally defend that belt. Would love to see him fight Ferguson or Diaz III. Love him or hate him. The guy has exciting fights.

I just don't see him going from Floyd Mayweather to Tony Ferguson. And I'd love to see him fight Ferguson or Khabib or whoever in line, but I really don't see it ever happening. My money is on GSP IF he comes back. The timing looks like it'll work out perfectly.

Back