Is Mayweather jr the most technically skilled boxer of all time?

There was nothing Floyd didn't do in the ring. He had all the tools but most importantly, the has the best ring IQ I ever saw. No one ever REALLY took Floyd off his game for more than a round or two.

Have to agree with this.

There are other great fighters throughout the years but due to height, weight, reach whatever it may be, maybe fought loose, or relied too much on power, or even too much on speed and let the fundamentals slip because they relied on too much natural ability.

But Floyd, Floyd is one of the only greats who literally won every match at the level he did from behind a technically sound guard.

No rope-a-dope, no taking shots and walking through punches, no hands down for long periods pot shotting, just pure technician and ring craftsmanship.

Definitely the most consistent, skilled, best operator with a solid guard I've ever seen.

There was nothing Floyd didn't do in the ring. He had all the tools but most importantly, the has the best ring IQ I ever saw. No one ever REALLY took Floyd off his game for more than a round or two.

To me, there is no doubt Floyd has the highest ring IQ. However, who do you think is technically skilled between Floyd and Sugar Ray Leonard?

Castillo did their first time out. The way he adjusted late in the fight and fought Castillo in the trenches was impressive, though.

i don't think he would beat duran, and for all around boxing i prefer salvador sanchez.

To me, there is no doubt Floyd has the highest ring IQ. However, who do you think is technically skilled between Floyd and Sugar Ray Leonard?
Floyd. Look how Leonard ended up. A stepping stone at an age Floyd was still dominating legit competition.
I'd say Leonard was a better offensive fighter but all around, Floyd is the more skilled technician.

A lot of MMA guys in my country didn't believe Mayweather could KO Conor, and that a disaster was in the making because a decision win would be an embarassement to boxing... I told them that Floyd would win EXACTLY the way he did - TKO, accumulation of punches.

I'm a fan, but I think you can argue Floyd as skilled as any overall. Even the best.

There was no way Conor was going to last 12 rounds of boxing, even with Floyd taking the first 4 or 5 rounds "off", essentially. That is deep water for a MMA fighter. Too deep.

Ricardo Lopez is a good mention, but Floyd has got to be the most skilled technician to date. Overcame all, looking like the Jordan of boxing the hole way. His dominance was absolute, everything was so perfect it was immaculate what he would show off defensively. Half the shit he did you have to wait for replays in slowmo to see how brilliant he is.

You misspelled Rigondeaux.

In his prime, you'll be hard pressed to find a more refined boxer in history than Rigo.

You misspelled Rigondeaux.

In his prime, you'll be hard pressed to find a more refined boxer in history than Rigo.
But he got schooled by Lomachenko and that never happened to Floyd even outside his prime.

Could Hearns beat Floyd? Hearns was one of the few punchers who could box well too. Use his great reach with the jab too

Back