Is Mayweather in his prime?

All men are past their physical prime at 40, but Floyd past his prime is like most athletes at their prime. Check this out - Floyd is 5'7", not at his physical prime anymore, but can dunk a basketball:

As well, as fighting at the elite level is more mental than physical, Floyd at 40 is probably at his mental prime.

I love the fact that Conor is Irish and Ireland has no real historical racial tension like the US, so he says stuff that is really racist by US standards but is kinda obvious. I know Russian Kovalev does the same too and rustles many jimmies. Lol

Identity politics and political correctness are the worst.

All men are past their physical prime at 40, but Floyd past his prime is like most athletes at their prime. Check this out - Floyd is 5'7", not at his physical prime anymore, but can dunk a basketball:

As well, as fighting at the elite level is more mental than physical, Floyd at 40 is probably at his mental prime.

That's not actually Floyd.

He's 40 he isn't in his prime but he never had a real decline, always looked sharp and impeccable.
Perfect answer.

Not in his prime but he never really went on a decline yet. I thought the madana fight was the start but he completely owned him in the rematch.

Damn, this turned into a boxing forum so im asking:

Is Floyd in his prime? I never watched a mayweather fight (just a few rounds from the pacquiao fight) so i dont know much about him...

I know hes like 40 years old, so... Theres a chance Conor catches him.

Thank you.

Can you understand numbers?
Number of "professional fights": 49
not including amateurs, olympic fights.

Currently retired. <--- if you can't understand numbers, but you can't even understand words either? what does the word retired usually means to you? that one is currently in their peak? or at the end of their career?

What do these things tell you? Is your dad or grandpa at their prime?

Come on, man, i swear to god, some people have stopped using their brain ever since the Internet became prevalent.

That's not actually Floyd.
You're right! I looked into it. That's Chris Staples. Here's proof - the PA woman says "Give it up for Chris Staples" at around the 0:16 mark.
Thank you! I was conned!

You're right! I looked into it. That's Chris Staples. Here's proof - the PA woman says "Give it up for Chris Staples" at around the 0:16 mark.
Thank you! I was conned!

You can just look at the guy dunking, he's clearly a much taller man than Floyd. Also if Floyd ever did something like dunk a basketball it'd have millions of views.....There's tons of clear footage of Floyd playing basketball, homie has never come close to dunking.

I'm not being a dick but I think you wanted to believe it. Are you a Floyd fan? I get a kick out of Floyd fans, they're usually very racist yet delusionally go around claiming everyone else is racist.

He is still in his prime. Just hope he isn't to damaged after this fight and comes back and finally makes a title defense.

He is not in his physical prime but the technique and experience are still there.

What kind of a dumbass asks if a 40 year old man is still in his prime?

I love the fact that Conor is Irish and Ireland has no real historical racial tension like the US, so he says stuff that is really racist by US standards but is kinda obvious. I know Russian Kovalev does the same too and rustles many jimmies. Lol

RE Kovalev. Comparing black people to monkees/apes is a common racial slur in Eastern Europe. He knows exactly what he's doing.

You can just look at the guy dunking, he's clearly a much taller man than Floyd. Also if Floyd ever did something like dunk a basketball it'd have millions of views.....There's tons of clear footage of Floyd playing basketball, homie has never come close to dunking.

I'm not being a dick but I think you wanted to believe it. Are you a Floyd fan? I get a kick out of Floyd fans, they're usually very racist yet delusionally go around claiming everyone else is racist.
hahaha...I've never watched a Floyd fight in my life. I'm an MMA fan exclusively. I think that's part of the reason I was fooled - I've been so uninterested in Floyd and boxing that I didn't have a clear picture of what he looked like.

hahaha...I've never watched a Floyd fight in my life. I'm an MMA fan exclusively. I think that's part of the reason I was fooled - I've been so uninterested in Floyd and boxing that I didn't have a clear picture of what he looked like.

I'm like 95% sure Sage Northcutt can dunk a basketball by the way, kid has an insane vertical. Sage is notorious for running miles in under 5 minutes, he allegedly has ran a 40 yard dash in 4.5 seconds, he can bench over 450lbs. Athleticism isn't why Floyd is going to beat Conor, otherwise Aldo would have killed McNugget.

This may sound funny, but how much faster is Floyd than Conor realistically speaking?

I was really impressed the first time Conor dropped Eddie Alavarez when he hit him with that short left and then came back with another hard left that floored him, that was lightning fast.

As far as hand speed goes, Conor has to be pretty elite. Just to clarify, not talking about boxing fundamentals or knowing the subtle nuances of boxing but as far as pure hand speed he's up there.
His hand speed is shit.

I'm like 95% sure Sage Northcutt can dunk a basketball by the way, kid has an insane vertical. Sage is notorious for running miles in under 5 minutes, he allegedly has ran a 40 yard dash in 4.5 seconds, he can bench over 450lbs. Athleticism isn't why Floyd is going to beat Conor, otherwise Aldo would have killed McNugget.
Sage can do nothing of what you said

What kind of a dumbass asks if a 40 year old man is still in his prime?

You'll be surprised how much the UFC pushes the agenda, that guys are constantly in their prime.

Also every fight is a top 10 fight.

Everyone is world class too.

World class checkers players don't beat past their prime chess masters at chess.

Mayweahter has maintained his reflexes, and conditioning. His legs have gotten older, and he does not move around as much as he did maybe 12-13 years ago. However, his style is perfect for how his legs have declined. His reflexes, eye contact, and movement ensure he hardly ever gets popped.

De La Hoya, Cotto, Alvarez, Mosley, and Pacquiao are all very good combo punchers, and they landed nothing of consequence the vast majority of the time, and were getting hit coming in and out. He makes combo punchers reticent to throw combos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back