Is Mayweather in his prime?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Damn, this turned into a boxing forum so im asking:

Is Floyd in his prime? I never watched a mayweather fight (just a few rounds from the pacquiao fight) so i dont know much about him...

I know hes like 40 years old, so... Theres a chance Conor catches him.

Thank you.

Conor wins by first round knockout, his fist is bigger than Mayweather's head. He's a fookin' Malteser with eyeballs!

C3SxDZzWMAAgvFo.jpg

No, he's clearly not in his prime.

But he has declined unusually gracefully and there is no meaningful chance whatsoever that Conor catches him flush sufficient to KO him.

Mayweather doesn't blink when he gets hit

Like Mike Singletary - he doesn't close his eyes on impact

Even if Conor hits him with a good shot, three counters will land before Conor can say "me tinks I tooched em"

Not in his prime but he still destroys Caner.

I think Mayweather was in his prime when he was WBC lightweight champion (2002/2003).

He's 40 he isn't in his prime but he never had a real decline, always looked sharp and impeccable.

He is 80% of his young self. Which is 100% more than enough to dominate Conor.

He is several years past his prime but at least up until now he was far from shot. He looked meh vs Berto but it was just the last fight he had to do to fulfill his contract.

Now 2 years older and with ring rust he might have declined a bit but it would have to be a lot to significantly increase Conor's chances.

He might start slow though and need a few rounds to find his rythm

Conor wins by first round knockout, his fist is bigger than Mayweather's head. He's a fookin' Malteser with eyeballs!

C3SxDZzWMAAgvFo.jpg
I love the fact that Conor is Irish and Ireland has no real historical racial tension like the US, so he says stuff that is really racist by US standards but is kinda obvious. I know Russian Kovalev does the same too and rustles many jimmies. Lol

He is in prime much like Anderson is still in prime.

#WeStillBelieveInANDY

Mayweather doesn't blink when he gets hit

Like Mike Singletary - he doesn't close his eyes on impact

Even if Conor hits him with a good shot, three counters will land before Conor can say "me tinks I tooched em"

His age and the layoff are sure indicators that he isn't in his prime. If he were beat by another great boxer who was in his prime, it would matter. Conor loses to any fighter that Mayweather beat in the last twenty years. I think the short time frame to fight day is wise because the more the casual fan looks at this the more obvious this becomes.

This may sound funny, but how much faster is Floyd than Conor realistically speaking?

I was really impressed the first time Conor dropped Eddie Alavarez when he hit him with that short left and then came back with another hard left that floored him, that was lightning fast.

As far as hand speed goes, Conor has to be pretty elite. Just to clarify, not talking about boxing fundamentals or knowing the subtle nuances of boxing but as far as pure hand speed he's up there.

No, he's not. His reflexes have slowed, which his style revolves around, and his legs are shot. He took this fight because he wants an easy, massive payday, with very little risk. I believe he made a big mistake.

I think he is underestimating Conor in a big way. He retired for a reason, and it's almost like he's making fun of Conor by saying, "I'll only come back to fight Conor McGregor"...he really thinks this is an easy fight. A few years ago, he would've been right. When you're 40 and you're not trying to stay sharp, you don't regain it like you do when you're a young man.

Comebacks in boxing almost never go well. George Foreman being the lone exception, but he had murderous ko power, a great chin, and hadn't taken ANY punishment from training or fighting in like 15 years. And even Big George wasn't interested in fighting other punchers. Mayweather should stay retired.

No but out of the retirement home he has more than enough to touch Conor when he wants and cash his free money.

This may sound funny, but how much faster is Floyd than Conor realistically speaking?

I was really impressed the first time Conor dropped Eddie Alavarez when he hit him with that short left and then came back with another hard left that floored him, that was lightning fast.

As far as hand speed goes, Conor has to be pretty elite. Just to clarify, not talking about boxing fundamentals or knowing the subtle nuances of boxing but as far as pure hand speed he's up there.
Conor has fast hand speed for MMA, but Floyd has beaten guys like Judah and Pacquiao who make Conor look like he's stuck in molasses.

Back