Is Marc Goddard the biggest hometown-ref in MMA currently?

Shamijay

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He ALWAYS caters to the home crowd. From refusing to give Glover rest from eyepokes in Stockholm, to allowing Struve to make several offenses unpunished except for SEVERAL warnings in Rotterdam - and tonight, he is too much of a pussy to declare the Gamrot-Parke fight(KSW) a DQ win for Parke after BLATANT intentional eyepokes from Gamrot because the entire crowd is Polish(yes, the crowd is OVERWHELMINGLY Polish despite the event being in Dublin).

The guy talks a big game and loves to make himself be the center of attention as a big alpha-dog, but when it comes down to it he's a pussy that crumbles under the pressure of the crowd. I'm generally lenient on refs as their jobs are unforgiving, but this is more than a trend for Goddard at this point.

What about when he let Mike Perry kill Danny Roberts in Manchester?

the event was held in dublin? huh?

Cry me a river TS

I have to say he lost a step, I used to like his work a lot more.

To add to your list, he forced Hunt to take time to recover from an eyepoke against Lewis in New Zealand, when Hunt had told him he was ready to continue. That was two weeks after he had denied Glover any time.

Giving the local guy an extreme chance to recover in a situation when the fight would have otherwise already been stopped fits what TS is saying. Although I think that was just a bad stoppage, not even the worst we've seen.

Goddard has a draw with lil nog on his record.

Goddard can do what the fuck Goddard likes..

Plus I disagree with you so there's that too.

Terrible argument. A late stoppage can just as easily be interpreted as giving a fighter too many chances to come back. In essence, he made a late stoppage because he was too scared of making an early one which would upset the home-crowd. There you go, buddy - let's add that to the list while we're at it.

Last edited:
Never send a boy to do a man's job.

swagger.gif

He ALWAYS caters to the home crowd. From refusing to give Glover rest from eyepokes in Stockholm, to allowing Struve to make several offenses unpunished except for SEVERAL warnings in Rotterdam - and tonight, he is too much of a pussy to declare the Gamrot-Parke fight(KSW) a DQ win for Parke after BLATANT intentional eyepokes from Gamrot because the entire crowd is Polish(yes, the crowd is OVERWHELMINGLY Polish despite the event being in Dublin).

The guy talks a big game and loves to make himself be the center of attention as a big alpha-dog, but when it comes down to it he's a pussy that crumbles under the pressure of the crowd. I'm generally lenient on refs as their jobs are unforgiving, but this is more than a trend for Goddard at this point.
Marc Goddard's ex-wife is on Sherdog.

Goddard has a draw with lil nog on his record.

Goddard can do what the fuck Goddard likes..

Plus I disagree with you so there's that too.
Yeah that man has skills to go the distance with lil Cesar nog. He is a hybrid of Cesar Gracie and lil nog.

@Marc Goddard getting called out!

I'm sure he'll write a 300-word essay on how I'm wrong and conjuring a far-fetched argument for his defense. The entire point is that Goddard cares too much about the public perception at any given moment. The only time he faced actual criticism(which all refs get constantly), he immediately made it a point to go on facebook and write a massive explanation of how he's a misunderstood genius.

The man is too swayed by the crowd.

He wasn’t catering to the home crowd when he asked Conor to move away from cage side.

And technically you only allow a 5 minute recovery for low blows. A time out is only called for eye pokes so a doctor can see if a fighter is ok to continue. No recovery timeout for that.

He wasn’t catering to the home crowd when he asked Conor to move away from cage side.

As I recall, the fight had no Polish fighter - Lobov vs Fili. As I recall, it completely agrees with my point that he is obsessed with coming off alpha and assertive whenever it doesn't have result repercussions that could upset the crowd. The Conor-moment was more of Goddard wanting to look cool and assertive with the spotlight on him.

I get it. You're one of those types that take sherdog too seriously, and because Goddard has an account here he's automatically a hero in your book.

And technically you only allow a 5 minute recovery for low blows. A time out is only called for eye pokes so a doctor can see if a fighter is ok to continue. No recovery timeout for that.
I have to wonder if people have lost the adrenaline factor because of the rules. I used to see people hit in the mcnuggets all the time when it was legal and they usually were the one to win the fight.

Back